The vote is in: SCIENCE vs RELIGION......who won?

by Terry 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Who won? The battle has only just begun; whoever wins, if history repeats itself, will be the ones who scream the loudest, have the most money, and the most destructive weapons.

When it comes to weaponry and argumentation, I suppose science could win, but the ones who often control the money (which controls the battles' parameters) are pols and wealthy, often bigoted, religious fanatics. Scientists are in a major, uphill battle against all those forces.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

. . .which explains why many of the most brilliant and focused men of science have their panties in such a twist over the issues of god and religion and are fighting the good fight against delusion and illogic of religion . . .

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Your commentary is ludicrous and unthinking. But, you know that already.

In seeing the question and who posed it, your slant was already obvious to me.

You fail to make an allowance for luck in science. THAT is ludicrous and unthinking, but of course, you didn't know that until now.

Finally, your comment is just your opinion.

Warlock

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Isn't it odd how one person's opinions are 'ludricrous and unthinking', not based on what is stated [or unstated], but based on whether that person agrees with the basher's arrogance?

Jeff

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Terry

I usually enjoy reading your posts as they are well thought out and insightful.

I have to say you've really let yourself slip on this one. You have made far too large a generalisation of 'religion'. I agree that any religion practised without the spirit is as you describe - it becomes written in stone to be obeyed and will not change. However when religion is practiced with the spirit, it becomes a living faith which can change and compensate within larger boundaries.

Just my humble opinion which you will possibly find ludicrous and unthinking. Could it be that those who disagree with you are disobeying YOUR self-made 'religion'?

• 5go
    5go
    The Muslim world fell in love with Aristotle and then turned their collective back on the advancement logical thought could bring to their people. The contrast between Arabs as a people and a nation (and religion) and the logical, scientific world of technology is striking. They are largely a dependant Stone-Age people clinging to Theology and societal backwardness through gritted teeth. They seek through radicals to obliterate the proof of their own failure and backwardness by destroying the symbols of Western Scientific Prowess by blowing things ups (including their own most devout devotees.)

You failed world history didn't you. If it wasn't for the moorish muslims in spain we wouldn't have our understanding of science and technolgy that we do or our university systems. There are diffrent type of muslims besides arabs.

• RAF
    RAF

Maybe in this context it will be more easy to explain what I think ...

Nobody's going to win because everybody had his own experience since any science will exclude God as essence of everything with a spirit which makes choices (wich lead to free will for the all = the head - free will for each in all = the body)

It feels better for a lot of people today to feel that human have the control (what if evolution in the universe had made another kind of superior being - more superior than human, think about it? ... LOL ... An alien or something - not a new idea but the capacity of Evolution is also about that, and our science is limited to what we can check).

I realised that some of Ex Jehovah witness (of a messy doctrine) are so bitter against the idea of God now that they actually become Evolution witness (theory supported by theories from tiny biological proofs for the whole matter - I've check the CNRS last info about that - the respons after explaining lots of thing is - we have only the evolution which suite scientists supports and lot of interesting directions to go through, we are still wondering = in resume : nothing is sure on the whole matter) who feel the need to force their belief on everybody (we have to go through this - after the total mess of religions – which are actually politics – to give full power to politics what else? and we won't be able to put the right politic in place as long as we will stay divided and egoiste in mass). Also, since only a bit of science in this universe is approachable scientifically and what is paranormal will stay paranormal for its own very reason … believing in one or the other will stays a personal belief.

The idea of God have been so mislead by the contradiction of religions regarding spirituality (for political and personal reasons), that people are supposed to get enough with it (it's more than a probability to me) spirituality will take over because we will have an overall view of our history at some point (enough bullshit).

We will grow up (if we are still there) and understand once and for all, that we need to consider each other like brothers, understand that he/she can be different and have different needs and also that we all have rights since we do not hurt an other one (that's where an other kind of evolution takes place which is way more important to care about for the good of everybody).

Now when we will die (any day) ... we'll see or RIP (but we are a part of THIS evolution anyway with several retro actions for a global experience about the good and the bad in every situation).

Eddited to correct my messy english, for a better understanding.

• RAF
    RAF

We will grow up (if we are still there) and understand once and for all, that we need to consider each other like brothers, understand that he/she can be different and have different needs and also that we all have rights since we do not hurt an other one (that's where an other kind of evolution takes place which is way more important to care about for the good of everybody).

Now when we will die (any day) ... we'll see or RIP (but we are a part of THIS evolution anyway with several retro actions for a global experience about the good and the bad in every situation).

While I'm still thinking about it : Sooner will get there and sooner the whole spirit "all in one" and "each in all" will be satisfied.

• stark
    stark

There are a few things I'm not dead certain about so I have a couple of questions:

When you say Science vs Religion, what type of Science are you talking about? Is it Chemistry vs Religion or Physics vs Religion, or is it another Science?

What is Science?

What is the Scientific Method?

• 5go
    5go

There are a few things I'm not dead certain about so I have a couple of questions:

When you say Science vs Religion, what type of Science are you talking about? Is it Chemistry vs Religion or Physics vs Religion, or is it another Science?

What is Science?

What is the Scientific Method?

Science is a religion that puts it's faith in facts and evidence not a god(s) or leader(s).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit