My Story: They called the cops on me!

by EnlightenedMind 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

Thank you all for reading my story. It really does feel like a weight has lifted just to finally lay it all out like that.

Confession, I was referring to the double life that a lot of jw's lead. I realize that a lot of people never speak to their families, and I'm sorry if I seemed insensitive in that regard.

Just from being here a few days, I can feel the wonderful dynamic on this website. I dare say that our adverse experiences with the jw's have brought us all closer than the superficial closeness amongst the jw's themselves. Isn't it ironic...

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome to the board

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome enlightenedmind, sorry to hear about the way this ruthless cult treated you, at least they showed their true colours before the non JW members of your family. It doesn't do to their reputation any good.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Welcome to the board & thank you for your story.

I am happy you were strong enough to get out and make your own way.

So many of us have been through similar things. I do think it makes us stronger and at least our children will not suffer the same as we did.

• Gill
    Gill

Welcome, Enlightenedmind!!!!!

What a story! What a terrible experience! What silly, silly people Jehovah's Witnesses really are!

So glad you're free of them and doing well in life! And glad you're here!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Thank you for sharing your story.

When my sister got married I was so excited for her. Then I realized I was purposely being left out of everything.

When I got married I went out of my way to make sure my JW parents and family knew they were both welcome and wanted at my wedding. My mom told me that her and my father would be taking my younger brother to Bethel on that day..... so they will understand what is truely important to them. I'm still married....neither of my brothers attend meetings...so ha.

lisa

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    As I was waiting in the line to get dunked, I was pulled aside by a man I didn’t know (presumably an elder), and told that I would have to wait for someone to determine whether or not they would let me get baptized, because my clothes were “improper.” I stood next to that man while I watched everyone pass by in the line and get baptized, and I cried because,

yeah well i cried too...just reading this

• Mystery
    Mystery

Welcome And Happy Valentines Day!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Thank you for sharing your story. Enjoy reading and learning all about the "truth".

• lowden
    lowden

EM

Welcome to the board.

Eloquent and touching story. Many on this board have experienced similar, as you know.

JW's are nasty people, if only for how they treat DFed former associates.

When ones own family treats one in the manner in which you were treated....then you've just got to know that they have deeply poisoned and twisted minds.

A truly wicked and sick religion.

Peace

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit