My Story: They called the cops on me!

by EnlightenedMind 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Synergy
    Synergy

You express yourself so beautifully. Thank you for sharing your story. Shame on them, shame. shame. What the cops must have thought. What a weird ass religion. I'd be happy to have you be my sister at my wedding. You're a great person. Never forget that. Keep praying for their eyes to be opened my friend.

• becca1
    becca1

Welcome! I'm sorry for your terrible experience, unfortunately I can't say I'm surprised that it happend. I guess that's why we are all here.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

here's a laugh for you - I was never disfellowshipped, just stopped attending and told my mother I didn't believe a word of the Bible and there was no point in trying to convince me otherwise. She never shunned me, just sighed in a pointed way every now and then. Here's the funny bit: I married a Presbyterian Republican pot-smoking member of the NRA. My mother and her husband came to the wedding, but wouldn't go inside the church, so they watched it all from outside, through a window. Everyone else at the wedding thought that was really WEIRD which it was, of course. We had a nice reception, some friends started dancing in a circle, all female, and my mother asked if they were lesbians. I said no, they just want to dance. I jumped in and danced too, and had a great time. The next day we had a long party at the house, just everyone hanging out and having a good time. My mother and stepfather (two tiny little people who looked sort of like a pair of salt and pepper shakers sitting side by side) stayed the whole day. At the end of the day, my mother said, in tones of real surprise, "why your friends are NICE!"

Huh!

• wednesday
    wednesday

money and religion, they separate blood.

nut job people. so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you found a spot to vent and heal.

welcome

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

And the talk at your Brother's wedding was probably on either "The Prodigal Son" or "The Good Samaritan".

Sorry your family put you through all that. At least you won't do the same to your little ones.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Wow, that is coldblooded to the tenth degree to call the cops on you! At a wedding, no less!

Well EM, you've suffered many indignities; I admire your strength and your personal discipline in achieving your law degree. Thank you for sharing your story.... ((((((enlightenedmind)))))

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Welcome and Thank You!

Your life story is well-written and deeply affecting.

Catfish

• James King
    James King

I'm so sorry for you - your upbringing and your being surrounded by your 'droning relatives'. Please remember, the greatest and most enduring aspect of your life is your individuality; hold on tight to it and never surrender it to anyone or any organisation. Don't waste your time and longings on those who choose to remain controlled. Move on. You'll find real happiness with others you've yet to encounter. Be yourself and keep away from ALL organised religion. Happy days lie ahead.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

wow, when i was reading your story it reminded me of different witness weddings i had been to in the past. Being a good witness my friends and i would stare at the wordly people or disfellowshipped ones with such distain. I actually even remember saying to a friend once that i cant imagine ever not being a witness and having the "nerve" to come to a witness gathering(i am so embarassed of that attitude now ) well that was a million years ago. And now if i ever go to a witness wedding or a funeral i feel that pity from others, it makes me sad. i dont know if i am sad for me or for them. but i know it feels weird like i switched teams .

anyway i feel your pain and i applaud you for your forgiving spirit toward your family. thanks for the story

• Threestars
    Threestars

Your story was heart-wrenching and yes, it would be almost unbelievable to a never-before JW, but to those of us here it is all too horribly familiar. I grew up in the "truth" ( I can't stand to say that word in regards to the dubs), dropped out for years before being DFed. (My Father called an elder's meeting on me actually hoping I would come to my senses) but before I was actually DFed I wasn't allowed to stand up with my sister as a bridesmaid at her Kindom Hall wedding. That hurt so badly but nothing like what you went through. I cannot even imagine them doing something so horrible, even those poor misguided, arrogant self-righteous fools--that was just TOO cruel. I hope you find solace in these boards but you have come a long way already in that you have forgiven so many of them. That is the key--the only way to avoid the bitterness that plagues so many of us. Peace to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit