WoW I got the new campaign tract it sucks.

by 5go 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gill
    Gill

Oh Dear! Thanks for the warning! We shall be watching out for men with bibles and briefcases at our front door.

My parents will not broach the subject of the memorial! They wouldn't dare! I always give them such an ear bashing on the WTBTS that their heads are spinning when I've finished with them. I suspect they will NOT be encouraging any elders to call on us for fear that they get the same unpleasant treatment!

Haven't been to the Memorial for five years and it feels GOOD!!!!!!!!!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I wish the local Elders wasn't so lazy, they never come over.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

WooooHoooo! More lining for for the cat litter box!!

• bobld
    bobld

Dang they got rid of Jesus.They will have a special talk.

Who really WAS Jesus?

Bob

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't know, but I noticed one of my bosses had a folded Watchtower in his back pocket today. Now I am wondering if he is a JW. All I could do all night is picture him conducting the WT study. I wanted to pick his pocket to see if the magazine was underlined, circled, dotted with notations in the margins. I wonder if he would be so nice to me if he knew I was a faded, former JW.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

He came back the next day with the same Watchtower in his back pocket. Someone told me he married into the JW's. That his wife is a JW. I guess he is, too. He's very nice and now that I think of it he is very Elderish, but the nice kind of elder. I knew some very intelligent elders who were also very nice. How sad. Such nice people can be fooled by paradise promises into a religion, so powerful with the shunning policy that I don't dare tell Tom I am inactive for years and considered aposatate.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Blondie stated that df'ed made up part of the extra millions attending. In fact, df'ed are NOT invited - and if they come, they are allowed to stay, but they are NOT counted. So they are NOT invluded in the extra millions.

TOH

• pierogi
    pierogi
    Blondie stated that df'ed made up part of the extra millions attending. In fact, df'ed are NOT invited - and if they come, they are allowed to stay, but they are NOT counted. So they are NOT invluded in the extra millions.

TheOldHippie,

Where does it say that people who are DFed are not to be counted? If this is true, I'm wondering how they would do this. People counting the attendance can't possibly tell every DFed

person apart from other non JWs who were invited. I'm just wondering why you said that they are not invited and not counted. Does the WTS have this in print somewhere? If this is true, I

think it is absurd. Who are they to make that decision? Anyway, I've never heard this before, has anyone else?

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Hmmm, Having been an elder for 15 years, that up till last Auguest, I never heard of not counting the DF'ed for any meeting. They are not allowed to attend meetings in private homes but ehy have always been counted. The practic that our CO advised us was to make our annual invite to return to the meetings just before the memorial, so that they would be there too.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I actually thought by tract standards , this was quite profesional

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit