WoW I got the new campaign tract it sucks.

by 5go 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 5go
    5go

It's an overglorifed memorial invitation. It's only one page it looks like someone made it at home. They handed them out at the service meeting. Oh and the new KM has a special artical on contacting faders. So get ready my friends, They are going to crack down I think.

• blondie
    blondie

They have an article almost every year about contacting "inactive" JWs every year to get them to the memorial to inflate their numbers. 6.5 million publishers versus 17 million at the memorial. It makes it seem like it is a bunch of new people when this so-called potential are df'd and inactive JWs or unbaptized relatives who show up once a year.

I think someone called them "submarine" witnesses because they only surfaced once a year.

Blondie

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

Ah crap. Wonder if my in-laws will suddenly start crawling out of the woodworks now.

Then again, I rarely see them any more.

I've heard the quality of the lit has really gone downhill. In my time, the Society had a major obsession with impressing new people and trying to get them on board. Now, they seem to be hoarding their gold. I think it's like a big corp. that branches out ever so many years, then pulls back to conserve its resources. Don't be surprised if they shift priorities again in another 10 years.

IsaacJ

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blondie.."Submarine Witness`s"..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• free2beme
    free2beme

I would invite them in, serve them coffee and talk about life and how good it is going for my spouse and I. Hoping to encourage them too see, that life away from the Witnesses is truly a blessing.

• 5go
    5go

I think this time is diffrent you aren't supposed to give this tract to faders. Only intrested non dubs.

This year's article is geared to elders contacting the fader not the relatives themselves. The relatives are to tell the elders where the inactives are hiding living. So I think they want to find out where they are and what they are doing.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Gee that must explain why I was ambushed by two elders when I got home from work today. Boy they had backed off and then this week they have been persisting with emails, calls and then the surprise visit. As far as "submarine" JWs go, how long can a nuclear sub stay submerged? I'm going to beat that record for sure. I'm going to be a rock on the ocean floor. I'm never coming back up.
    <br><br>tsof

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I think someone called them "submarine" witnesses because they only surfaced once a year.

Blondie

We had the same name for them. I was jealous that they only had to show up once, have their sins cleared for the period, and then dive again...

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    It's only one page it looks like someone made it at home.

Like their other literature, it's made for 1st graders!

Swalker

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

I'm with Truthsetsonefree. When I decided I was done with the Society I never set foot in a KH again. Not even for the precious Memorial. I think I was working at Sears the first time I missed one. There was another Witness working there and he was shocked.

I always thought it was weird that the submarines ever bothered going back to the Memorial. It was supposed to be for the anointed anyway, not the great crowd so much. At the time, I thought the whole thing was a way of suckering inactives like me back into the Hall so they could give us a hard time.

IsaacJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit