Geico Insurance?

by skeeter1 21 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I got a automobile insurance quote from Geico (you know, the lizard advertisement). It's about $400 less a year than my current insurance. I thought my current insurance was a great deal. Before I switch, has anyone had a good or bad time with Geico? Did Geico hassle you about paying claims?

Skeeter

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I have GEICO. We have never had problems with them paying the claims on our cars. They offer roadside service which is nice. They, also, have good customer service. IMHO We've had the insurance with GEICO for over 20 years.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Try Mercury Insurance they are cheaper and pay as well

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

We use GEICO, but we've never filed a claim with them. They aren't hard to get on the phone to answer a question, which is nice. Much easier than Shelter Insurance to get answers from, and much cheaper too. We're saving about $300 per year when we switched about 4 years ago. They also offer home insurance through Travelers, which saves us another $500 per year. But again, we've never filed a claim with either, so we can't comment on that.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Sorry, folks, but I have read and/or heard bad things about both Geico and Mercury. Mercury affected us personally, they refused to pay on a claim of ours due to an oversight in updating the records. They claimed foul and that was that. I will NEVER deal with them again.

Sometimes you really DO get what you pay for, and not paying on claims is how they keep their rates low.

My suggestion is to Google the heck out of the insurance companies to do your homework, look for insurance review sites.

Good luck.

Baba.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Only good things to say about Geico here. When I had an accident, they asked me first if there was a particular shop I wanted my car towed to. I didn't know any, so they recommended one that they have an arrangement with, and an adjuster on-site. Which meant I didn't have to get estimates, or arrange for reimbursement; they took care of all that. They also got me a rental same-day (even though it was Sunday). My only out-of-pocket expense was my deductible, and they recovered that from the other party's insurance and refunded it to me. It took a couple of months for that to happen, though.

Of course, they had no incentive to give me any hassle, since the other driver was clearly at fault (I was rear-ended), and their insurance paid for everything. I don't know whether they'd behave differently if they were on the hook for the claim.

Like jayhawk said, they're easy to get on the phone if you need (and their customer service line is open 24 hours), plus their website is very comprehensive.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I used them, until I got another better offer. Never heard anything bad. Although, keep in mind that insurance is highly watched and your state would not let them operate with excessive problems. Like all companies, I would bet you could find complaints from people. Of which, most will be people only telling you the parts of the story that favor their negative feelings and not the parts that explain how they caused or led to it. Human nature to do so.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

.......But I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico. (Sorry couldn't resist quoting one of their annoying commercials). Geico is OK. Most times they are the cheapest. But it depends on your state. I always found the Customer Service to be very good. Never had a problem getting through to someone, and they were usually very helpful. (Usually!!).

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

The only dealing I ever had with Geico is I sold a house to two agents that we getting married, they loved their jobs working for the company, they said it was their best job by far. they both spoke highly of the company.

abr

• restrangled
    restrangled

We have had Geico for years. By the way the name stands for Government Employee's Insurnace Company.

As somone who worked in the Personal Injury legal field, Geico is one of the few companies who pay promptly and fairly to those injured, no stalling or un-ending negotiating.

We have had 2 accidents in the family and received our checks in 2 days just like the commercial says.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a policy with them.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit