Geico Insurance?

by skeeter1 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I'd be happy an' talk with ya' mate. Just give me a call.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sorry to butt in but...Every time that commercial comes on ..I have to laugh ...It is MY DAD! He talked just like that. Sounds exactly like him He was a Cockney!!!! I think my dad came back as a ( what is it FROG????

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Geico may be ok if you are insured with them...BUT if you get hit by someone who is insured by them and file a claim against them...You WILL get screwed. They tried to screw me but it backfired and cost them extra $.

A college girl hit me in my big ass Buick convertible. Didn't hurt the car too much and I was ok. We exchanged insurance. It was her fault which she did not deny. I contacted Geico. Couple of days later I see a guy in front of my house taking pics of my car. I run out and he says he's taking them for Geico...fine. I take my car to two different body shops (CA law states you only have to take it to one). I send Geico the estimate ($1,200) from the cheaper shop. I saw their work and liked them better than the more expensive one.

A week goes by and I get a check in the mail from Geico for $800. $400 less than the cheapest shop would fix my car. I call Geico and ask why. They tell me that is what they pay...take it or leave it. So I go to an attorney. Before I can tell him who the insurance company is he says, "Geico, right?" He tells me they do that on all their claims...undercut by a few hundred because it's cheaper for the affected party to accept the low payment than to get an attorney and fight it.

So I am pissed...what to do? what to do? Well I wasn't hurt in the crash and never had any intention of turning in a medical claim...but since they tried to screw me...turn about is fair play. So I called their hotline and told them I was experiencing lots of neck and back pain. They told me I had a certain amount of time to turn in a medical claim which is what I did. I wound up getting an extra $1,000 to cover medical....so they wound up screwing Theirselves by trying to be so cheap! I hate them. I have Mercury Insurance which is cheaper.

-BONEZZ

• Atpeaceatlast
    Atpeaceatlast

My husband is an Auto Damage Manager for Pennsylvania, so he's heard it all when it comes to claims from both sides. Every case is different and each state have varying laws regarding insurance as well. I do believe Geico tries to be fair, but some people will be happy with them while others will not.

We personally carry USAA, which my husband's had since he was a teenager through his father who was in the Navy, and we haven't had any problems with them.

I love the commercials, too. The caveman as well as the Gekko!

An interesting note: My husband as a supervisor in Orlando hired a JW for a claims adjuster position, and he was a good worker; no problems with him except during the hiring, the JW did want to take certain days off on behalf of his religion at which my husband told him no. He accepted it ok.

• anewme
    anewme

Dont know about Geico, but someone mentioned Mercury. While they might be great to their own clients, they are like any other when paying out on the claims.

This past summer I was rear ended by a Mercury customer. He was young and in a brand new car. He assured me he had great coverage and they would take care of my car's busted bumper.

I took my car to Mercury's recommended repair shop and the repair was fast and under $1,000.00.
    Mercury was always very polite on the phone and cooperative and paid the repair costs and I got my car back in 4 days. I was very happy.

However my two passengers suffered neck injuries. I feel that Mercury will ultimately come through, however my two passengers have reported to me that the insurance is balking at paying their medical bills and has been playing the low offer games to them. They both had ongoing chiropractic for four months afterwards.
    I hope Mercury finally pays their bills.
    It seems it is very common for insurance companies to play games.

My own car insurance comes up for renewal soon and I am determined to increase my coverage on myself and my passengers. This will help in the event of another accident they tell me.

Anewme

• anewme
    anewme

Oh, did you know that if you get injured in someone else's car, and neither car in the accident has adequate insurance to cover your injuries, your own insurance will cover your medical bills?
    So, it is very important to carry high premiums on your own car's medical coverage. You can name yourself personally as receiving a high amount of coverage I have been told.

As I said I am going to increase the coverage on myself in my own insurance to cover me if I get hit by someone inadequately insured, not UNINSURED, UNDERINSURED.

Anewme

• PEC
    PEC

Geico limits their liability my not selling higher limit liability policies. The most they sell is 100/300, I am not willing to lose everything, just to save $500. I bought 100/300, when I bought my first house for $89K. Most dubs (like my sister) only carry minimum liability, because they have nothing to lose.

Philip

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

One of my daughters was involved in a wreck. This guy trys to come out a driveway across two lanes to get into the median. My daughter said everything happened so fast. She was going straight down the street and then boom! It was clearly the guys fault. Well this guy hires a lawyer and tries to go after us for some money. GEICO steps in and handles everything. The GEICO lawyer calls us and tells if we ever get any calls from the guy who's trying to sue us or his lawyer just tell them to call him.

This guy didn't want to give up. When he took it to court, the court found him 95% at fault. So, he wasn't going to take no for an answer. He is still trying to sue my daughter for the accident. GEICO notified us again and told us that they would handle it. The guy didn't win.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Just a little a bit of info on the 100/300 coverage for BI. Once the policy holder's limits were found out, the attorneys would then decide wether to take a case or not. The higher the coverage, the more chance there is for a suit. Those with the 10/20 limits were always put at the bottom of the pile, a small claim is made to cover attorney's fees and the client a little cash.

Here in Florida we have "No Fault" which means your own insurance company pays first for injuries no matter who is "at fault", I carry 10,000.00 in PIP and $5000.00 in Med with no deductible. The hospital will charge your auto insurance first before your health plan. In turn if you do file suit the attorneys usually get the hospital to accept 60 cents on the dollar when your PIP/med runs out. That happens a lot to people without health insurance. A lot of the chiros will even wave their fees down to 10 cents on the dollar, knowing that if they don't they might not get the business next time.Yes the Chiro's and attorneys are "connected" ........lots of coverage, lots of Chiro visits, lots of money to be made heavily insured.

Little coverage, little to no chiros, client discouraged from trying to file suit......no money to be made. What ever is available is split between the client, the attorney and the meds...generally 33/34/33 percent. It's not fair, but is the usual case. I had a case where the young man was hit from behind and his body was thrown through the windshield. His pelvis was broken....he suffered a long time. The at fault driver had 10/20.....He wound up with $7000.00.

I do suggest carrying as much Under Insured/Uninsured coverage as possible. Also stack your policies if you have more than one car with the same company.

This is the case in Florida anyway.

One more thing, if you are struggling with getting payment for your vehicle from the other company, nothing moves them faster that to start claiming back and neck injury.....and you are thinking of hiring an attorney.

This is Florida, I'm sure others might have different stories elsewhere.

r.

• lola28
    lola28
    Well I wasn't hurt in the crash and never had any intention of turning in a medical claim...but since they tried to screw me...turn about is fair play.

Ummm, in the state of California we call that "Insurance Fraud" and it's one of the reason we get some really high premiums out here.

Lola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit