Prince at the Grammys wearing a cross

by arwen 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• free2beme
    free2beme

Most likely it is this

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I didn't see the Grammy's, but, if Prince was indeed wearing a necklace, it was probably a necklace of his "name symbol thingee". But, it does look kind of like a cross, doesn't it? Rest assured, if you, I, or any other rank and file witness ever wore a symbol like that to any of the meetings, we would surely get some sort of reproof, wouldn't we? Quick story. In my late teenage years, while still a witness, I decided to join our towns volunteer Ambulance Squad. The squad's HQ was within walking distance from my house at the time, so I would pull some overnights on duty at he squad, Getting up when the alarm went off. I felt that since I couldn't serve in the Army, I would do my civic duty in my community. Preaching the good news for the WT just wasn't cutting it for me as pulling my civic duty. Anyway, the Ambulance Squad gave me some uniforms, including a heavy coat to wear on duty, (and off duty if you wished). The coat had patches of the squad, including a red cross, (for the American Red Cross Association - CPR certified). I wore that jacket one day to go to a Tuesday Night book study, since I was going to go on duty right after the book study. I got called after the meeting by the elder in charge of the book study group and a MS complaining that I was wearing clothing that displayed the Cross. I said, that is not a religious cross, but the American Red Cross, and it stands for saving lives. I was told that I still shouldn't wear it, and If I wanted to save lives I should.............(wait for it..............)SPEND MORE TIME OUT IN SERVICE FOR SOME REAL LIFE SAVING WORK. (Ugh!!). "Did you know that going out in service has actually prevented people from committing suicide?" So, I got a bunch of BS for wearing an American Red Cross on my Ambulance Jacket, but, I guess it's OK for Prince to wear his symbol cause he donates $$$$$ to the WTS, but us poor schmoes get a bunch of BS and hassles.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Princes symbol is worse than a cross as it is the pagan precursor to the cross. It is the love symbol, based on Ankh, the fusion of the male and female genitals.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Maybe he is Brother Formerly or Formerly a Brother,

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit