2007 DC "Follow the Christ" Locations Available

by blondie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

brian, I missed your query, I will try to post ohio tonight.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Very interesting Blondie. That information tells me most likely one of two things:
    a) They are expecting much smaller turnouts, so they are using their own facilities and not booking the large stadiums.
    b) The stadiums are no longer interested in having them there, at any price. This was the case with Yankee Stadium, which they lost a few years back.

Of course, there will still be a shortage of funds throughout the events, despite the fact that they own the facilities.

Business, business, business. Sure, some convention centers and stadiums don't want them, but for the most part,
    it's all about the dollars. Stadiums are raising their prices (like anybody else) and the WTS doesn't want to lose
    profits. These conventions are huge money-makers for them. People contribute loads of money.

One way to keep the money is to have conventions in their own facilities. It's smaller, true, but it's paid for. If it's
    closer to home, many will not need a hotel, and they will donate more money. They actually figure that these assembly
    halls have to be in use for virtually every weekend in order to make the most money out of them. (They got the dollars and
    usage down to a science.) Assembly halls sitting vacant don't pay the WTS anything, so break up the large assemblies and
    have them in your own facilities.

Also, you have a point- They are expecting much smaller turnouts, so they are using their own facilities and not booking the large stadiums.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit