2007 DC "Follow the Christ" Locations Available

by blondie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Does anyone else find the title a bit jarring? When i was in I never ever heard Jesus referred to as The Christ with that prefix. He was just Jesus or Christ? Is this a new terminology? Is this to attract the bible bashing christians who are put off because they dont think Jesus figures prominently enough in the borg?

• blondie
    blondie

District conventions in Newburgh? Must be foreign language? Either that, or they are having trouble booking the large sites like Nassau Coliseum.

any in rochester, ny? At the Blue Cross arena I presume.

New York sites

Brooklyn NY AH

(Flatbush) June 1-3, 15-17, June 29-July 1, 6-8, 13-15, Aug 17-19, Aug 31-Sept 2, 14-16

Jersey City NJ AH

(Kennedy) May 25-27, June 8-10, 22-24, Aug 3-5, 17-19, 24-26

Newburgh NY AH

June 15-17, June 29-July 1, 13-15, 20-22, 27-29, Aug 3-5, 10-12, 17-19, 24-26

(Spanish June 22-24, July 6-8)

Queens NY AH

June 6-10, 15-17, 29-July 1, 13-15, Aug 3-5, 17-19, 24-26

Spanish (June 22-24, July 6-8, 20-22, Aug 10-12

Rochester NY (Blue Cross

) July 6-8, 13-15, 20-22

BTW, there is a thread about the phrase "the Christ" elsewhere on JWD. In the past the WTS thought of "the Christ" consisting of Jesus and the 144,000 anointed (144,001), just as the "Seed" is primarily Jesus but according to the WTS includes the "secondary seed" the 144,000. You will find this concept frequently in the publications until the 1940’s.

Blondie

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

Very interesting Blondie. That information tells me most likely one of two things:
    a) They are expecting much smaller turnouts, so they are using their own facilities and not booking the large stadiums.
    b) The stadiums are no longer interested in having them there, at any price. This was the case with Yankee Stadium, which they lost a few years back.

Of course, there will still be a shortage of funds throughout the events, despite the fact that they own the facilities.
    Also, please remember to deposit cans in the containers clearly marked... "cans". Thank you.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Watchtower Society will probably revise the 2007 DC "Follow the Christ" DC to the

2007 DC "Follow the ANTI Christ" .

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

WT is having a tough time getting places for conventions. More and more facilities refuse to rent to WT without some concessions to unions, allowing food vendors and such. So they are resorting to using Assembly Halls. Plus they can double-dip by eliminating expenses. They solicit the same contributions without the rental fees.

tsof

• comment
    comment

Hi Blondie, Do you happen to have the dates/locations for any of the following Pacific Northwest cities? Seattle Tacoma Portland Vancouver Victoria Thanks for any help you can provide! comment

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I would think the Vancouver one is going to be in Chilliwack again, which is horribly far away for anyone actually living in the Greater Vancouver area, except for Surrey, but it's still a 1 hour drive assuming no traffic! I assume the PNE didn't let them back because they weren't paying for cleaning and sought the cheap route by getting slave labour to do it. The fact they didn't allow concessions either probably didn't help.

• blondie
    blondie

Pacific Northwest

Kennewick WA (Toyota Center) 6/29-7/1, 6-8, 13-15

Portland OR (Memorial Coliseum) 6/22-24, 6/29-7/1, 6-8, 20-22

Tacoma WA (Tacoma Dome) 6/22-24, 6/29-7/1

Chilliwack BC (Prospera Centre) 7/6-8, 11-15, 20-22, 27-29

(not sure of the other BC areas)

• comment
    comment

Hi Blondie and the_classicist, Thanks for taking the time to reply! As far as BC goes, the only other locations I can recall that might be applicable for people in the Pacific Northwest would be Nanaimo and Kamloops, and Kamloops is probably 4 or 5 hours away from Vancouver, while Nanaimo is a 2-hour ferry trip (or similar drive for the folks in Victoria). comment

• brianhenke
    brianhenke

Do you have the Ohio locations?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit