Remember the song Make The Truth Your Own?

by pierogi 34 Replies latest jw friends

• pierogi
    pierogi

Thanks guys for the welcome! Yeah Mystla, pierogies are the best, I grew up on them! I was trying to think of a name and pierogi just came to me, I don't know why, but I took it!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

What does everyone here think when you heard/hear the song Make The Truth Your Own play?

That I forgot to take the trash to the curb this morning.

• snickers
    snickers

Thanks a lot - I read this post earlier today and have had that stupid song stuck in my head all day...

Wasn't the We're JW song #113? I remember on the way to the convention cars would have a sign taped to their back window that just said "Song #113" (if that is the right #).

- R

• pierogi
    pierogi

Lol Steath.

I kind of have a bad memory. I remember this time I went to the kingdom hall soon after my parents dissociated. I'm pretty sure they played that song during the meeting or I remember that it was a song that I completely objected to and refused to sing. I'm pretty sure it was Make The Truth Your Own because I remember that it was so hypocritical. I just stood there not singing, just looking around at everyone else singing and felt both mad and sad that they were so brainwashed, mostly mad. Why did I go if I felt this way? Because I wanted to see how they would treat me plus, even though it can be frustrating, the couple random meetings I went to after my parents left confirmed what I already thought of the WTBTS. But I too will admit singing the song. I never really paid attention to the words, only how many verses were left to go. lol

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yep, this song, along with most of the kingdom smellodies are just cleverly worded mind-control tools.

By saying, "Make the Truth your Own," they can blame the laity when something goes wrong for not doing their part.

• jayhawk1
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

Funny thing...ever since I left bethel I was not able to sing kingdom melodies. I would kind of lip sinc the words or just stand there holding the songbook. This was a good 4 years before my eyes were opened.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

For the last months I went to meetings I changed the lyrics to the songs as I sang them. I couldn't sing those BS words anymore. I would just put in random stuff. "The way of the lie, is the worst way of living, no badder way can there be found." "Make the Poop your own, to bad way try to be prone, if your body members you explore, you'll make known that the poop is your own."

Yeah, it was bad, but I did it. I hated being a sucker.

W.Once

P.S. Welcome to the board Peirogi

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Couldn't stand those sappy stupid songs.

Yeah, you are supposed to struggle with what you hear and bend your brain into the shape of a pretzel and convince yourself (against your own logic that is screaming) that this B.S. is "truth".

LHG

• Gill
    Gill

What they mean is 'Become a Watchtower Slave'.

In reality there is No Truth, when it comes to religions just lots of little nuts making up lots of fruitcakes, and some of them have been in the oven a little toooo long, if you get my drift.

Make the Truth Your Own, means 'Are you completely lost in the Watchtower maze to such an extent that you no longer know who you are anymore and have lost all will to live.....only to survive!?'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit