Remember the song Make The Truth Your Own?

by pierogi 34 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

That one of the lines from one of their most oft-sung songs talks about controlling one's body members should have been my first clue that these people are a bit strange. LOL!

Welcome to the forum pierogi.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Welcome Pierogi!

I sure do remember that song. As mentioned, I do believe that the two songs, "make the truth your own" and "We're Jehovah's Witnesses!" are two powerful brainwashing

songs used by the j-dubs. For me it always invoked a powerful emotion inside of me. But in the end, no amount of emotion is enough to wipe out all the deceptiveness written

throughout all of their literature.

• pierogi
    pierogi

Thanks everyone for replying. I found that talking on this forum can be somewhat theraputic for me.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Welcome peirogi, always good to see a new face. lol Ya that song to me means, take all the bullshit they teach you, put it on the shelf , try to make sense of it for youself and finally keep your mouth shut about anything you might learn that's different from what they teach. What a lame tune!

• Mystla
    Mystla

Thanks a lot Pierogi! Now I have that stupid song stuck in my head!!! I'll never get it out!!

Welcome, btw, to JWD. Oh.. and I love Pierogis!! Yummmm!

Misty

• juni
    juni

Welcome pierogis to the JWD forum !

Nice having you with us. Yes. Isn't that UN thing something else???!!! When you see it in black and white (the letter from the UN) there is no questioning it - of course if you want to keep the blinders on one will make excuses or deny it ever happened.

Look forward to getting to know you better. A lot of wonderful people here ready to help and/or answer your questions.

Juni

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

"By the way you do conduct yourself, you make known that the truth is your own." Now how ironic can it get. The way you conduct yourself is the way THEY tell you to, so how the hell is that "making the truth your own"????? And what about, "The devil will ever resort to deception," when THEY are the ones who deliberately withhold information "for our own good." What a load of BS!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

First and most important welcome Pierogi......I have to be honest with you when you have been raised in the "lie" it isn't until you leave that the lightbulb comes on. I never even thought much about what I was singing....you just do it. Kinda like a lemming.

Leslie

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What does everyone here think when you heard/hear the song Make The Truth Your Own play?

Here's what immediately comes to mind when I hear that blasphemous cacophony:

My ex told me she had made the truth her own when I told her about the Watchtower Society's Rand Engine Company stock and the UN/NGO thangy.

• KW13
    KW13

You covered a lot of what it reminds me of in your post(s).

I find the song is a very easy way to encourage people to throw themselves head first into a cult which results in nothing but misery for either yourself and/or family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit