Need Some Education On EVOLUTION? Start Here! Perry & Axal take note!

by Seeker4 178 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RAF
    RAF

Tetra : this is a battle (isn't it?)

and you say "this is a fact based on a very personnal opinion", but i am confused by this

Read yourself back please ... and don't confuse yourself on what I'm saying
    just look at the way you actually transformed what I've said about : is every opinion equal to you? is it my english that you didn't understand to get to your those conclusion written in questions?

an opinion is based on someone belief with ou without facts (then it all about what stand as good enough regarding the subject) for each one.

so, opinions that are backed up by facts are equal to opinions that are not backed up by facts?

are opinions and beliefs the same thing?

if yes, are they all equal even if one is supported by facts more than the others?

if no, how are they different?

I'm talking about opinion here not facts Why .... well well well (when I say good enough it means supported by what can be facts on the subject) cause as you can see facts for you is actually not what is a fact for me in every matter - maybe now you understand why I've said good enough for each one.

evolution theory is many verifiable hypotheses, containing pieces of verifiable data aka "facts".

And think about what you are saying in this sentence too ... regarding to what I'm saying about that (an hypothese is not a fact - and certainly not in the whole evolution process - otherwise believe me when any scientist will get there we will really hear about as it is a BIG DEAL)

• RAF
    RAF

Lonelysheep : For argument's sake, apparently evolution doesn't exclude god, but, it certainly does NOT push toward it or give any reason to believe that genesis was right all along, either.

I don't think you've read me ... because if you had read me you would have understand that I don't believe in the genesis as right all along (it's clearly said here so you won't have to read me).

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

still no answers. nevermind. you don't seem to be interested in answering my questions. seems to me like you prefer to assume at what i am supposedly saying, and replying to that construction, which isn't getting us anywhere.

but you know RAF, even if all opinions were equal, it's still voiced with the presumption that the issuer of the opinion: "all opinions are equal", has a superior opinion. even if that is the superior opinion .

otherwise believe when scientist will get there we will really hear about as it is a BIG DEAL)

oh, it has been a BIG DEAL for a long time. some people, however, will refuse to consider anything a BIG enough DEAL unless the BIG news comes down from heaven itself.

tetra

• RAF
    RAF

This very unproductive thread (in the way it is developped) is keeping me awake (I'm happy I'll be free today).

I wonder how you'll find a way to say that EVOLUTION HAVE BEEN PROOVED !

If it is because I say that I'm a believer (IN GOD - intelligent Essence) and in Christ (Maturity = Wisdom) - because of my way to understand the bible and life ... to me this book have to be taken conceptually on the whole matter (that's what religion do no lead to)
    so the history the way it have been written in the bible is not accurate to me (it all have been imaged) it's other details which actually leads to those conclusion to me ... but this is not the subject of this thread

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi -- i have skimmed this thread.... if it hasn't been mentioned, i would just like to recommend, "the language of God" by Francis Collins, the head of the human genome project, a wonderful book. he seems to tie in both sides of this issue. best wishes to all, nowisee

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Let's see, RAF. They just set up a huge, permenant exhibit on human evolution at the Museum of Natural History in NY City. The original purpose for this thread was to bring this to the attention of the board.

You wrote: "otherwise believe me when any scientist will get there we will really hear about as it is a BIG DEAL" - Eh, in addition to it being the focus of the exhibit in the above museum, one of the greatest in the world, evolution is also the basis of every science course in every credible university and college on the globe. What the fuck do you consider a "big deal?" My god, woman, you're intellecutally pathetic, and I'm heading to bed. G'night all!

S4

• RAF
    RAF
    S4 : You wrote: "otherwise believe me when any scientist will get there we will really hear about as it is a BIG DEAL" - Eh, in addition to it being the focus of the exhibit in the above museum, one of the greatest in the world, evolution is also the basis of every science course in every credible university and college on the globe. What the fuck do you consider a "big deal?" My god, woman, you're intellecutally pathetic, and I'm heading to bed. G'night all!

Wow cool down ... Since this is not a proof on the whole evolution process and again (that what is proved do not exclude God) and that you just keep on throwing very unproductive arguments about me(I could tell you the same - but I won't ...) I can't care less about your arguments ... As it doesn't lead anywhere.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I wonder how you'll find a way to say that EVOLUTION HAVE BEEN PROOVED !

it's amazing RAF. you appear to know nothing of the theory of evolution or of scientific method, and yet you are convinced it has not already been shown to be highly reliable. you seem to give the impression that you are unaware of anything "BIG" enough in the theory of evolution to make it the theory that scientists contend it is. well, sorry, but perhaps "unaware" is the key word here, for you.

tetra

• RAF
    RAF

it's amazing RAF. you appear to know nothing of the theory of evolution or of scientific method, and yet you are convinced it has not already been shown to be highly reliable. you seem to give the impression that you are unaware of anything "BIG" enough in the theory of evolution to make it the theory that scientists contend it is. well, sorry, but perhaps "unaware" is the key word here, for you.

tetra

Highly reliable from the start ??? I appear to know nothing ??? You need to give me a name ???

There is no reason to "put" details about a theory to make it a proofsince it is a theory (if for you what is realiable is a fact to demonstrate the whold process of evolution from the stat with all missing links as proof) What can I say? ... it's just YOUR opinion funy how you really want it to be a proof (again about the whole process - IT IS NOT) you can read a 20 years to a 2 months old book about the subject today this entire theory (again about the whole process) is still a theory

Neither an Exposition - or a theory is a proofon the whole matter ... (for me). call that being unaware ... I guess it is your opinion.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Must be nice to be Seeker4 and some of you others, to know EVERYTHING, to have ALL the facts, not to have to wonder about ANYTHING at all, to live in a nice, square, safe place with absolutely no questions, no wonering, no amazement, no awe, just plain square materialism, dust to dust. To be so self-assured, so elevated over the rest of us living in the muck, to be able to use as foul and sexist a language as one wants to. It must be a bit lonely, of course, to have all this knowledge and then live in such a stupid world, but who cares.

If your behaviour towards others represents the Crown of Evolution, then Man! do I wish it had stopped or side-tracked earlier. Don't let them scare you, RAF, they are just a bunch of loud-mouthers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit