Need Some Education On EVOLUTION? Start Here! Perry & Axal take note!

by Seeker4 178 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Asheron
    Asheron

Ahhh..... the infamous very old book defense combined with the always fun VoilĂ  retort. RAF.. I am begining to like you

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"And I guess that you can understand that there are "Theories" and "Theories" means more or less probable as facts ... NO?"

WTF?? You missed the point again, I guess. I can't make much sense out of your posts.

Asheron, thanks. Still chuckling.

Time to go check out The Police on the Grammys. See if they can make it through a song without trying to beat the shit out of each other.

S4

• RAF
    RAF

Asheron : Ahhh..... the infamous very old book defense combined with the always fun VoilĂ  retort. RAF.. I am begining to like you

LOL ... (about the infamous very od book defense) but it is an argument (scientists are late on something - they haven't being farest than science itself ... God will always have a billion miles in advance in this area)

Now if you began to "like" me that's interesting ... more interesting than any battle because it leads to "Who cares about details when we can agree to desagree" and have fun.
  • tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

creationist: "God put [dinosaur fossils] here to test our faith!"

bill hicks: ... I think God put you here to test my faith, dude.

tetra

• RAF
    RAF
    S4 : WTF?? You missed the point again, I guess. I can't make much sense out of your posts.

Sure S4 ... you want to win ... well ... what can I say ? errrrrrrrr ...

I'll take this comment for what it is ... this doesn't lead anywhere ...

If you don't understand that evolution do not exclude God, and that you are fighting to prove a point which would not change the matter, I don't know what to add here ...

Bye.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Living things evolve. That's a fact.

Seeker, the problem you will encounter on this sort of crusade is that some people are just not intelligent enough to wrap themselves around scientific concepts. Others will demand pat answers with no loose ends; Genesis is great for our TV age in that it's written using simple language that anyone can understand, and is about the right length for those with limited attention spans.

Bang, Boom there it is! No college required.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hi RAF,

some questions for you:

do you think that all opinions are equal?

do you think there are such things as "facts"? if so, can you give me an example of one?

tetra

• RAF
    RAF

Seeker, the problem you will encounter on this sort of crusade is that some people are just not intelligent enough to wrap themselves around scientific concepts.

MinisterAmos - Maybe "some people" need to go to college to understand the difference in between a fact and a factual theory? dunno

Tetra - Opinion Equal to what? an opinion is based on someone belief with ou without facts (then it all about what stand as good enough regarding the subject) for each one.

do you think there are such things as "facts"? if so, can you give me an example of one?

Ok this is a fact based on a very personnal opinion : Why do you think I would get into this with you in knowing (that's for you to acknolegde) that you don't understand my point of view (Man I know you want to believe in evolution ... ok) understand once and for all that I'm not against the evolution idea to some extand from real scientist facts = what scientist can really prove by now (and not the factual part of therory on the whole evolutin process from the start - is that so difficulte to understand? Will anyone try to tell me my english is not clear enough?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

RAF,

Opinion Equal to what?

uh, to all other opinions.

an opinion is based on someone belief with ou without facts (then it all about what stand as good enough regarding the subject) for each one.

so, opinions that are backed up by facts are equal to opinions that are not backed up by facts?

are opinions and beliefs the same thing?

if yes, are they all equal even if one is supported by facts more than the others?

if no, how are they different?

Ok this is a fact based on a very personnal opinion : Why do you think I would get into this with you in knowing (that's for you to acknolegde) that you don't understand my point of view

how is that a fact RAF? you gave me no fact in that statement/question.

and you say "this is a fact based on a very personnal opinion", but i am confused by this. how can something be a fact, and yet be systemic to a "very personal opinion"? are not "facts" things that exist "objectively" outside of our "subjective" opinion sets? are not opinions influenced by facts, and not the other way around?

(Man I know you want to believe in evolution ... ok)

want to? what do you mean "want to"? i don't understand. and how does that tie in with what you said right before it? or are you saying that while i don't understand your point of view, you "know" that i "want to believe in evolution"? why do the rules of engagement that you impose on me not apply to you also?

understand once and for all that I'm not against the evolution idea

oh, i didn't think you were. you are creating a strawman again RAF. i am confused by your aversion to the concept that all opinions are not equal, based on the fact that you continually play the "it's just an OPINION!" card.

to some extand from real scientist facts = what scientist can really prove by now

and can you give me an example of a "fact" that is "something a scientist can really prove"?

(and not the factual part of therory on the whole evolutin process from the start

but, the theory of evolution is not one big fact RAF. evolution theory is many verifiable hypotheses, containing pieces of verifiable data aka "facts".

- is that so difficulte to understand? Will anyone try to tell me my english is not clear enough?

it's nothing personal, but yes, i cannot understand what you are saying. it's too bad, because i can tell you are saying it all with much conviction. put apart from my guesses, like above, i am lost. sorry.

so, really, i am still waiting for you to answer my first two questions. i didn't get a straight answer from you on opinions, and you gave me nothing that you consider a "fact". you gave me some rhetoric. and i tried to get to the essence of what you were saying, but i didn't find an answer to the first question, or a fact.

tetra

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    If you don't understand that evolution do not exclude God, and that you are fighting to prove a point which would not change the matter, I don't know what to add here ...

For argument's sake, apparently evolution doesn't exclude god, but, it certainly does NOT push toward it or give any reason to believe that genesis was right all along, either.

Personally, I choose to accept the theory of evolution than the belief (no theory, NO evidence) of a diety. Ignoring the basic scientific research of life and it's KNOWN origins, the human body, and DNA/RNA technology is just insulting to mankind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit