Need Some Education On EVOLUTION? Start Here! Perry & Axal take note!

by Seeker4 178 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It would seem that evolution should not be studied on it's own, there just is not enough information there to draw accruate conclusions and gain confidence on it's study or theory.

It should be studied though with other sciences with an open mind set, such as geology, genetics, bio physics and even astral physics to name a few. Once an in deft study on those sciences

has occurrded, then a confidence and a probability factor can be obtained from evolution theory and it's understanding. To study it on it's own is futile and unbelieveable for anyone to take

on by it's self, there are to many missing pieces in the puzzle to make an accruate and truthful viewpoint.

One bad thing that can be said about religion like the WTS. and others is that they have purposely thwaredt attempts for man to discover anything about this world and of himself.

To quote from the WT " universities and collages are godless and immoral institutions and youth should be wise to stay clear of those places " .......something along those lines.

Kind of like any knowledge gained there could and will weaken my power, authority and control and it would be best to avoid such an effort............just to use an example.

Thankfully we can say that man has taken off the box from his head that religion has placed there and we can is now reap the awards in doing so !

• RAF
    RAF

that's a repeat : From one point (resumed at it maximum) :

Bible statement God the essence of everything with a spirit began to create at its maturity (by its Christ = maturity).
    Forget about the Genesis account it's a story to make it short and understandable for people back then).
    it's like everything had the potential to exist but just wasn't ready.

Science statement
    A cell (I call it like that its simple) began to create since it had a chance means somehow at its maturity (ready to).
    But here we have a probleme with missing material (as potentially from one cell) to build everything and moreover when you have to take this in consideration with missing links to lead from a point to another in beetween species.

What's in RED here means the same actually … (only the spirit is missing)

Why do I favour the bible statement? (Essence of everything as being God)
    Because if a cell had the particularity to evolve the way scientist think it’s possible, at our stage every cell could have the same hability and creation and evolution of every creation by hasard and interaction would have been way more exponential than what we can see.

• skyking
    skyking

Sad emo I posted before I read your above answer. One thing you don't answer it.

Simply put for a All powerful God to simply appear complete with total dynamic power all knowing is more impossible to explain. So why do the GOD people not see the irony of this?

• Asheron
  • PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Elmo,

It helps to mentally picture all life forms in existence today as if they are the tips of branches on a very large tree. In fact evolutionary biologist refer to this as the phylogenic tree, or tree of common decent.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Apostate Kate,

I am beginning to think that your Creationist list, now frequently interjected in threads on this subject, are your 'large shield of faith'.

If I could produce a list of people that number five greater than the list your own of 'scientists' and who disagree with your list, will you accept defeat? Can you see how foolish just presenting this list is?

What would be far more useful is your presenting their arguments as to WHY they believe what they believe. Just choose one or two, and make a case.

Cheers - HS

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Simply put for a All powerful God to simply appear complete with total dynamic power all knowing is more is possible to explain.

Ok let's say you're right and God just appeared - does that mean He couldn't still have created everything else after He appeared?

Anyway, what's your definition of 'eternal'??

edited to add: BTW I did answer your question, you asked me 'how I get around' the idea of a God appearing from nowhere and the time taken for man to appear/evolve. Which question do you feel I didn't answer?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It would seem that evolution should not be studied on it's own, there just is not enough information there to draw accruate conclusions and gain confidence on it's study or theory.

It should be studied though with other sciences with an open mind set, such as geology, genetics, bio physics and even astral physics to name a few. Once an in deft study on those sciences

has occurrded, then a confidence and a probability factor can be obtained from evolution theory and it's understanding. To study it on it's own is futile and unbelieveable for anyone to take

on by it's self, there are to many missing pieces in the puzzle to make an accruate and truthful viewpoint.

One bad thing that can be said about religion like the WTS. and others is that they have purposely thwarted attempts for man to discover anything about this world and of himself.

To quote from the WT " universities and collages are godless and immoral institutions and youth should be wise to stay clear of those places " .......something along those lines.

Kind of like any knowledge gained there could and will weaken my power, authority and control and it would be best to avoid such an effort............just to use an example.

Thankfully we can say that man has taken off the box from his head that religion has placed there and we can is now reap the awards in doing so !

• RAF
    RAF

About the bible statement

Ephesian 4:6
    one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

it's a verse that JW really do not pay attention to ... but it talks

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    With all due respect Apostate Kate, I don't see the relevance of posting a list of people who believe in creation. How does this make your belief more accurate?

It doesn't and I am not trying to prove anything other than the fact that we are not all stupid and "ignorant". Don't I have the right to defend myself? We are educated and have analyzed the evidence or lack thereof.

Evidence like this, I am told that evolution is too slow a process to actually see. I'm talking about proving that a species can evolve into a higher more complex life form;

"Microorganisms multiply very rapidly. Under the right conditions of temperature and nutrients, a single bacterium can reproduce in minutes, giving rise to more than 4 million offspring in 8 hours. This rate of reproduction is more than fast enough to demonstrate the Darwinian process of mutation and natural selection happening in real time. In thousands of laboratories all over the world, literally billions and billions of reproductions take place under controlled conditions. The DNA of these microorganisms can be analysed as a matter of routine. Yet no microbiologist has so far announced observing the appearance of a new species of bacteria through the Darwinian process of the natural selection of genetic mutations."

Evolutionists have cited e coli antobiotic resistant studies as proof of evolution but the e coli is still e coli.

No offense meant but just because I refuse to join the cult of evolution does not make me a lesser person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit