Consolation on Demand

by chasson 117 Replies latest watchtower bible

• chasson
    chasson

I have scanned the March 4, 1942 issue too. I will let you scan the two others.

Charles

• NanaR
    NanaR

Interesting!!

My mother was in Madison Square Garden when the event happened. She had just arrived in NYC to be a regular pioneer there.

Ruth

• chasson
    chasson

Another one, that i have forgotten on my hard disk:

Consolation March 20, 1940

• chasson
    chasson

Consolation April 3, 1940

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow! Marked for the favorable blood piece... thanks for pointing that out, Atlantis, and thanks for the scans, Chasson.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks, Charles, for the lastest and I'll work on the other two issues.

For newbies here: Charles has a wonderful site and has scanned many old Consolation and Golden Age magazines. There are about 20 Consolations you can download from:

http://cchasson.free.fr/deposit/consolation/

and about an equal number of Golden Ages you can download from:

http://cchasson.free.fr/deposit/GA/

The best way to download these is to right click on the links and then use "save target as" and download them into a new folder on your hard drive.

These content of these magazines are truly bizarre. But, don't take my word for it. Download them for yourself and see.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Late to the thread!! Thanks for these scans, they are fantastic. Did anybody else see the "dirty joke" on page 2 of the first issue (November 29, 1939) posted in this thread? There is a limerick printed under the heading "Equ Seau":

There was a young lady named Fleau,
    She had a good-looking beau.
    Said Fleau to her beau,
    "Let us geau to a sheau."
    Said her beau, "If you'll bleau, Fleau, I'll geau."

Different meaning back then in 1939, or did they publish a dirty joke inadvertently!?

• VM44
    VM44

Is all this published strangeness in the Consolation due to Clayton Woodworth only, or did most people at the Watch Tower think/believe strange things?

• VM44
    VM44

I think there is a bandwidth limit on how much you can download at one time at chasson's Golden Age and Consolation web site.

If you use a download manager to download many files at once from there, the site might stop sending data after awhile, then you have to wait until it will let you download again.

I would recommend downloading only a few (perhaps 2?) files from the site at any one time.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Consolation was an official journal of the WT Society, so I'd say it represented more than just Woodworth's ideas.

Thanks for the tip about downloading. I always just download one file at a time myself. Charles has a great site and some great resources available there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit