Consolation on Demand

by chasson 117 Replies latest watchtower bible

• chasson
    chasson

I have a lot of Consolation Magazines that i could scan.

If you want a particular issue for research, tell me and i will scan it, and you can tell to the board more what are your research, so everybody will have more insight.

Here is one of this magazine concerning the Madison Square Garden incident. This incident is connected with the Olyn Moyle's trial and it is interessant to see the vision of Rutherford concerning this.

He tried in this magazine to excuse the usher, because what he said on stage was "the word of Jehovah", so nobody must stop the "spreading of the word of God". It is really interesting to see how he saw his speech.

Consolation November 9, 1939

Bye

Charles

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Well, I think I speak for everybody when I say the more you can scan in and upload the better!

Consolation (and Golden Age) are the two publications that we really don't have available to us. If you are able to get a bunch up I know many of us would be grateful!

ps: I can give you server space to host all of your scans if you need it.

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

It's amazing reading over this and seeing how very political the WTS used to be...

• VM44
    VM44

Hi chasson,

Do you have the October 1, 1941 issue?

It contains an article written by Judge Rutherford with the title "CALVES OF GOLD".

--VM44

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Thanks Chasson, I am sure all of us appreciate the historical goldmine you are sitting on. Between you and others such as Atlantis we can nail the WTS for their deception and dogmatic bluster and babble.

Thanks for the trouble that you are taking

Cheers

• chasson
    chasson

As requested by Atlantis:

Consolation December 25, 1940

VM44, i will search this issue, i will not have a lot of time, please wait a week and you will have it.

Bye

Charles

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you very much Chasson for providing this "Consolation" magazine! This Consolation magazine, as well as others, spoke well of blood transfusions and this is why it was in demand. This quote appears on "AJWRB" under the heading in red letters, "Transfusions spoken of Favorably"!

The Mending of a heart

In New York city a house wife in moving a boarder's things accidentally shot herself through the heart with his revolver. She was rushed to a hospital, her left breast was cut around, four ribs were cut away, the heart was lifted out, three stitches were taken, one of the attending physicians in the great emergency gave a quart of his blood for transfusion, and today the woman lives and smiles gaily over what happened to her in the busiest 23 minutes of her life.
    - Consolation 12/25/1940 p. 19

http://www.ajwrb.org/watchtower/data1.shtml

Thank you again Chasson! Cheers! Atlantis-

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Good catch Atlantis.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Abandoned:

Thank you! Keep up the good work old friend!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• chasson
    chasson

For VM44:

Consolation October 1, 1941

Bye

Charles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit