What the Heck is the WTBTS up to!

by looking_glass 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Clearly they are doing some strong arming or promoting more fear tactics!

I received a letter in the mail today from my mother. My mother who when growing up a JW was considered a trouble maker. A mother who was raised a JW and yet did whatever she wanted and dared them all to show her in the bible where it was wrong. Oh yes, she got lectured, but she did not care. The letter in short said, "you are clearly choosing this system over Jah and me. Until you chose to do what is right, I will not be contacting you ever again. I am doing this for your own spiritual good. You need to get your life together and realize that the truth is the only thing there is for the hope of a happy life."

So, since I received it at work, which I thought was disrespectful, I decided to wait to cry till I got home. But I did cry. Yes, I sent her a letter back that said in short "this is your decision to cut me out of your life. I accept you for who you are and if you cannot accept me for who I am, that is your loss. I will always be your daughter and you will always be my mother. I hope some day you will recognize that and become a real mother to me."

My guess is that they are really drumming it into these people that the "end is right around the corner". You know how they always talk about not bringing reproach, well let me assure you that I have informed everyone I know of these circumstances and the JWs and their evil ways have managed to cause everyone I know to be righteously indignant on my behalf!

I HATE THIS RELIGION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• avishai
    avishai

(((((((looking glass))))))

• heathen
    heathen

Yah from them it's more likely a gimmick and they are hoping to scare family members with the threat of shunning, into returning . I assume she has tried to persuade you in other ways as well . Were you df'd? or fade?

• restrangled
    restrangled

looking glass,

I feel your pain, I went through the same thing back in June of 06. It is now February and my mother has totally eased up, but it still doesn't feel good....and she still is holding back until I quit smoking. (I won't do it for her or the Wbts)

I am so sorry for your tears and pain....I understand.

r.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Nope, not df'd not da'd. Not noth'n. I just faded and then moved away. She asked me questions initially and caught me in a lie about the religion (I did not realize the magz thru the mail changed) and she called me on it. We reached a quiet agreement, don't ask, don't tell.

I really, really hate this religion. You know what burns me, is that I was all to each their own. I did not care that they believed what they believed. They are the worst when it comes to expecting acceptance but denying same to others.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That's really rough. A big group hug goes to you.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I am embarrassed to say I took this exact stance with both my parents when they left and I was 'devoted' to the Borg.

To my father's credit, he cried kept the letter and responded, "I will always love you and only want what makes you happy. If having me out of your life brings that happiness, as your father I can only support you."

I found out about the crying part after I finally woke up. Dayum I love that man.

I am sorry for the pain you are going through. As long as there is life...there is hope that your JW family may wake up.

{{{{{looking glass}}}}}}

• restrangled
    restrangled

Like I said LG....

I understand...I'm in the same situation.

Nope, not df'd not da'd. Not noth'n.

r.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'm so sorry that you received such a letter.

I do believe they're cracking down a bit harder as the mags and recent conventions have demonstrated. As you are, I am a fader and fear that some day my family will send the same letter

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

((((((((((looking_glass))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit