What the Heck is the WTBTS up to!

by looking_glass 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

So sorry looking glass, but hopefully she will recant as it is not strict policy not to talk to those who have faded and she still can - this is just scaremongering I hope, but then again you have to question whether you can welcome back someone who threatens to withdraw their love so easily because you do not conform to their religious fanatical views.

mia-b - on behalf of all of us like South African Beef who get nothing from our families please give your mum and big hug - never give her a moment to regret still being your mother. Make the most of it for those of us who cannot! (Love your avatar by the way!)

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    you have to question whether you can welcome back someone who threatens to withdraw their love so easily because you do not conform to their religious fanatical views

that is my biggest question. this whole thing is only going to make me gun shy should she return. i have to laugh at how jws throw stones at the apostates claiming they are evil and try to turn people against each other and yet they have the most guilt in that area.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sorry to hear that they have caused you this family trouble by interfering in the relationship with your mother. They did this to thousands of people and it is very cruel emotionally. They are a diabolical ruthless cult. One day these misguided parents will realise their mistake, they must be some of the most conditioned people on earth.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    need to get your life together and realize that the truth is the only thing there is for the hope of a happy life."

I'd save her letter. I'd live a very happy life. Then I'd show her the letter and say, "See, you were wrong. There is happiness outside that narrow-minded little sect of yours."

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Willy - actually she knows that I live a very happy life. Only when I have contact w/ the die hard jws am I really stressed. Yes, my job is stressful, but I get satisfaction out of it.

Normally she is fine, normally she is willing to do the whole don't ask don't tell. It has been fine for over ten years. That is why I really think they must be stressing the whole special tract and end of the world theory. Something has changed, but I cannot figure it out. Based on the threads here over the last couple of months and then the jw funeral I went to in November and the dye in the wool jws that I spoke to and all their creepy jw forked tongue talk .. .they are pushing this whole end of the world is soon sooooon SOOON!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

((((((((((looking_glass)))))))))))))))

so sorry you're going through this and it was awful of her to send that type of message to you at work. who needs that kind of "love"? so so so sorry hugs

• willyloman
    willyloman

LookingGlass:

I know, I know.... And this is nothing new, it's cyclical with the dubs, like a pendulum swinging back and forth. They're hardline, then they go the other way for a while, then the hardliners push the pendulum in the other direction.

Way back in 1981 there was a series of WT study articles on DFing, including one very pointed one on dealing with a DF'd family member. It was extremely harsh in tone and scolded the "friends" for treating their df'd relatives as though nothing had changed.

An elder and his wife had a daughter who was 20. She was a pioneer who was DF'd when she got pregnant at 18. Despite that the parents were supportive during the pregnancy and after, helping financially and emotionally. After the '81 Watchtower articles came out and were studied at the Sunday meeting, they sat down and wrote their daughter a letter terminating their relationship, based on what the WT said, "until she came back to Jehovah." It was such an abrupt, unloving turn of events that the daughter soon took a job several states away, took the baby and moved, and ended all contact with her parents, both of whom have since died. Those dubs lost out on a relationship with their only daughter and never saw their grandchild again, all because of 24 paragraphs of sloppy writing in an obscure magazine.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    So, since I received it at work, which I thought was disrespectful, I decided to wait to cry till I got home.

Don't you hate it when that happens? When my mom was dying, she used to call me at work to chat....after how many years of silence on their part. But then she got sick and suddenly all that shunning business wasn't quite so important and God-directed after all.

Ah well, as my favorite gay cowboy said, "If you cain't fix it, you just have to stand it."

(((looking glass)))

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I know that I am not the first nor will I be the last to have this happen to. It is emotional blackmail. You cannot reason w/ them because to them they are "helping" their wayward family members. As has been pointed out before, even should she return, I will still be less likely to have a real relationship w/ her because of her continual blind faith in this destructive religion.

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((looking glass))))))
    I liked the abused dog analogy.
    I am sorry for your pain. And I am so very grateful to be out, out, out, so that I never became that JW mother to my own children. Such heartache IMPOSED by the Borg and its vacillating ways and forked tongue!

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit