• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Parents Jailed For Sadistic Abuse

Sky News Thursday February 8, 04:53 PM
    • Email page
    • IM Page
    • Blog this on Yahoo! 360!
    • Print page

A sadistic couple have been jailed for a total of 22 years for the abuse of their three-year-old disabled daughter. Middlesex Guildhall Crown Court heard they forced her to sleep naked in a locked toilet during a catalogue of "revolting cruelty". Samuel Duncan, 27, and 23-year-old Kimberly Harte subjected the child to systematic violence shortly after she was returned to them by social services.

The court heard the terrified youngster, who suffered cerebral palsy and was made to exist on

(Advertisement)

During seven weeks - during which the little girl had her fourth birthday - she was effectively scalped when huge clumps of her hair were ripped from her head.

On another occasion her mother upended a kettle of boiling water over her hands, searing the flesh from her bones and scarring her for life.

The child, who was regularly made to eat her own faeces, was also left with "horrific injuries" after being kicked repeatedly in the groin.

Her agony came to an end only when her grandmother discovered what was going on and called the police.

Duncan got 10-and-a-half years in jail and Harte 11-and-a-half years.

The couple of Maida Vale, west London, first admitted three counts of child cruelty on the basis they failed to seek medical treatment for their daughter.

Then, following a defence during which they blamed each other, they were convicted of three charges of causing grievous bodily harm.

After the court case, Detective Sergeant Antony Smith said the girl had the worst injuries he had ever seen on a child.

She was "in a terrible condition" with "quite horrific injuries", he said, and described the case as "harrowing".

This is one of those ocassions where you hope they get similar treatment in prison to that which they gave their daughter!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Words just utterly fail me . . .

• free2think
    free2think

I'm speechless, what absolutely dispicable people.

This is one of those ocassions where you hope they get similar treatment in prison to that which they gave their daughter!

I completely agree with you Crumpet.

f2t

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

10 years - and they'll be out in 5.

Nowhere near enough - if the grandmother hadn't stepped in they would have been up for murder, so why weren't they charged with attempted murder rather than child cruelty?

They'll be sectioned in prison - but I suspect even their fellow 'sectionees' will give them a hard time for this.

• Mary
    Mary

What a couple of sick [deleted]. Jail? They deserve the death penalty.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Why are debased morons allowed to get their children back from Social Services? They should get life in prison subjected to their own form of abuse.

I don't understand how this goes on for so long.....surely someone....a neighbor, friend or family member must have seen or heard something long before this.

I am sickened.

r.

• mia_b
    mia_b

horrible - i hope they get terrible treatment too but think they'll be out in 5.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They should have got a much longer sentence for this. I wish both of them a very hard time in prison, hopefully with constant beatings, and someone pours a kettle full of hot water on them.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    Nowhere near enough - if the grandmother hadn't stepped in they would have been up for murder, so why weren't they charged with attempted murder rather than child cruelty?

Good point, Sad emo.

They deserve the death penalty.

I totally agree with you, Mary.

• bernadette
    bernadette

poor child - very very sad

bernadette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit