17 Year Olds

by lonelysheep 15 Replies latest social family

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

You 'kids' are strong, strong people. I'm not just referring to those of you who are 17 now, but those who left or simply woke up from the WT garbage at such a young age and are now adults.

From what I've seen here over the last 2+ years, it seems to me like jw's treat their children like they are foster kids. Some foster kids (& some adopted kids) I knew throughout school were kicked out or left home around the ages of 16-17, and were put into Independent Living programs by the age of 18. Their parents wanted nothing to do with them afterwards.

The fact that anyone would bear a burden on their own children to "serve jehovah or get out" makes me sick. They don't tell you this dirty little secret when they convert you.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

You 'kids' are strong, strong people. I'm not just referring to those of you who are 17 now, but those who left or simply woke up from the WT garbage at such a young age and are now adults.

I left when I was 17. So I know how hard it is. My hats off to all you that have done this. Take advantage of the love and support here!! We really do worry about all you young ones!!

Iloveyoubighug

• needproof
    needproof

I agree. I left at 20, but since about 18 I read lots of anti-WT stuff online. To leave so young takes one hell of a strong mind.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I physically left when I was 18 1/2. I would have left the minute I turned 18, but my parents forced me to continue attending meetings. So I started to rebel. They eventually gave up on literally dragging my ass to meetings.

• mia_b
    mia_b

So true - i didnt have the strength to leave when i was 17, how i wish i had. i still send the young hurt me lots of hugs though - she was very depressed and unhappy

• Twitch
    Twitch

:-) Yea, left at that age, although the seeds of my discontent were sown much earlier. Turned 18, moved out and never went back. To those about to leave (at any age), I salute you,...

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

It's tough (to me) to get out of the house at that age (any age, realy), let alone under those circumstances.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I was asked to leave the house at 17 and 1/2. No money, no car and just a High School education, because I couldn't follow the house rules. What were the rules? Complete cooperation with all meetings and service and better be happy about it to boot! Because it was now 1977 and surely the end would not be delayed..... I was contamintating the chances for everyone else.

No drugs, no boyfriends, always home, never out late ate night, infact rarely out.... etc., etc., just didn't want to go to meetings. I kept a diary which was secretly read by my mother. I finally figured out what she was doing and wrote her a pretty nasty message about being nosey in the diary.......That was the final straw for her.

Thankfully, I had an older married cousin who was visiting at the time with her family and they asked me to come and live with them. I helped with there kids, cleaning etc., until I could get established on my own.

It was the start of my life!

r.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Well I'm not sure if I count since I'm deliberately NOT leaving at 17, I'm waiting till I'm 18 so that I can legally move out, and can't be forced by my parents to do anything.

LtCmd.Lore

• Dune
    Dune

I was doubting around the time i was 18. I wasnt kicked out, just played the game till it didnt matter anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit