17 Year Olds

by lonelysheep 15 Replies latest social family

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Born JW 3rd generation 1957

I was 17 on May 1974 I had been crippled with the severest form of wicked ulcerative colitis since age 13 and my hopes of deliverance were smashed and dashed when the end didn't come in oct 1975 as the Watchtower profit-cied.I didn't leave until January 5 1992 at age 32 what a frigging waste.~Danny Haszard

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Right,...my heart goes out to any teenagers trying to get at now of the borg at that age. I went through it too at 17 yrs old. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with, but at the same time, the best move I ever made.

My advice is to rely on others. My best "worldly" friend, who I never could associate with except during school hours, talked to his parents about my situation and they took me in. My friend's mom became like a surrogate mother to me. They had so much unconditional love for me that the experience was eye opening as to how much love I was getting outside the borg compared to the stories, jealousy, lies, exxagerations, and shunning coming from inside the borg.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

The fact that anyone would bear a burden on their own children to "serve jehovah or get out" makes me sick. They don't tell you this dirty little secret when they convert you

It is the biggest regret I ever have in life is allowing my daughter to get baptized at 11 years old and her mother gave her the ultimatum when she left, she now has no relationship with her mother.

abr

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Where is your daughter now, ABR?

• choosing life
    choosing life

I had a child leave at 17. I was still very much a believer, but I loved my child too much to give up on him. My husband and the elders, however, had a different view. They wanted him out of the house. I was totally overruled.

The good part is we now have a very close relationship and I always secretly helped him when he was in need.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It was well pointed out, the expulsion of one's own children from home just because they don't want to follow the dictates of the org is something diabolical no sane normal parent would do that. We are surely dealing with a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit