DAMN IT'S COLD!!!!!

by Mary 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Anyone east of Saskatoon and north of Kentucky will understand this thread:

It's frigging COLD out there!!! Christ almighty when I went outside to start my car up this morning I thought I was going to freeze solid like Lot's wife. With the windchild factor it was -30 Celcius, which is minus a zillion Feirenheit. That's the good news. The bad news is: there's absolutely no end in site. The weatherman said it could be unusually cold till the end of April for god's sake!!

What's it like where you are? Anyone in Hawaii or anywhere where it's really nice replies to this and I'll hunt you down and beat you with a Watchtower.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Mary,

How about -10 below for about 9 days now. This is starting to suck big time.

Dismembered

• chrissee
    chrissee

I'm in PA and it's not -30 but it's really, really cold - the kids have had 2 hour delays the last 2 mornings for school and another one tomorrow already! I told my husband I want a new car with remote start on it - so I don't have to go out and start the car!! brrrr~!

• Mary
    Mary
    How about -10 below for about 9 days now. This is starting to suck big time.

Yep. It's been cold here the last 3 weeks but REALLY cold for the last 5 or 6 days........where the hell is all this Global Warming??!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Cold here too, just got a dump of snow today to boot. Tried to get to a town down the road and had to turn back, too much snow and a lot of accidents.

The kids are praying for a snow day.

Josie

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

it went down to 17 effing degrees here, with a windchill of 10 last night! That's a bit unusual and it's staying pretty chilly all day for about a week now; we had 70 degree weather a few weeks ago. it's crazy!

NC is usually fairly temperate with very mild winters and rare freezes. it usu doesn't stay cold so long here, though feb is nastier anyway here than most other mos for cold.

oooo i hate extremes, either way - hotorcold.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

One word Mary

Figment?

Dismembered

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yeah, it's friggen cold outside - but it's been cold at work too - the heating system decided to take a nose dive yesterday! It was 14C in there when I went in yesterday and today!! It's really hard to type with gloves on! lol

Isn't there some sort of workplace law that says you have to have a certain amount of heat in an office!!!!!!?????? (or else you get sent home with pay - or has the cold gotten to my brain??)

BB

• JH
    JH

Is it Global Warming or a new Ice Age

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Yep. It's been cold here the last 3 weeks but REALLY cold for the last 5 or 6 days........where the hell is all this Global Warming??!! -Mary

It's "global climate change," which includes but is not limited to "warming;" although I don't know enough about meteorology to say if this is a localized weather issue or related to global warming or not.

Anyway, it is friggin' cold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit