Never ending drama with Mom

by reneeisorym 18 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Letter from Mom:

Renee’ I have something to ask of you. It will prove your love for me for sure. I read your profile on my space.com I was so hurt. You omitted to the life you lead and the secrets yet you blame us. ( Jeh. Wit). Prove your love for me by taking that off the internet. I will check it this weekend to see if it is still there. Don’t drag my religion down any more I don’t yours. I still hurt over all this and always will. You have punish me enough.

www.myspace.com/reneeinms

Letter from me:

I really don't understand what you mean. What is it that you want me to take off? You know what? Your daughter loves you so much that she wants to save your life and tell you the real truth. Jehovah helped me to find the truth so he could teach you through me. I am so grateful that I got to grow up as a Jehovah's Witness. I got to have an experience of seeing what life is like without the love of Christ in my life. I got to learn from first hand experience how people can be deceived into believing wrong doctrine. Those experiences have helped me appreciate so much what I have now. I have felt God change me from inside out. It has been very hard but I can say that I'm not the same deceitful, greedy, hateful person I once was. This overwhelming feeling of peace and love has filled my heart. I know I still have a long way to go, yes. But you grow every day as a Christian and this is just one day in the journey of a life time. Mom, I don't agree with the religion because their doctrine is false. It has nothing to do with hard feelings or you. I hate that they don't teach you what Christ did for us. I hate that they tell you that the great crowd will be in a paradise when the Bible says they will be in heaven. Have you ever wondered why scholars that spend their whole life studying the Bible never believe what JWs believe? You take the word of some men in Brooklyn to interpret the Bible for you but you never read it for yourself. And read a new king james version or a new international version instead of the NWT while you are at it. If you'll read the BIBLE, I'll even mail you one. I'll buy you the prettiest one with your name on the front if you would just read the BIBLE!! The Bible changed my life. I love you so much!!! I pray for you every single day.. Your daughter, Renee Letter from mom: Don't bother I will never change.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Keep on keepin' on Renee, you are an inspiration to us!

Randy Watters

Net Soup! http://www.freeminds.org

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Renee,

I just had a look at your profile, and I don't see what your mum is objecting to. You used to be a jw, and now you aren't, you have a differrent belief. That isn't pulling the jws down, merely stating your current beliefs. To say that taking that off will prove your love is, to me, a form of emotional blackmail. If you do that, what will she ask you to do next - start attending the kh again?

Stay strong Renee, you have done nothing any jw has any right to object to.

Linda

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Thanks Randy.

This has been all too hard but God has been faithful to take care of me.

Renee

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I like your site too. Maybe she can't handle the girl sitting there with her cross and the music. Oh well. Kinda reminds of the last time I saw my parents and I took off my cross not to offend them.

Josie

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I forgot about my cross necklace and wore it the last time I saw my mother. ... ooooops. I really didn't mean to.

Is it wrong to just wish she would leave me alone?!!! I just can't take much more of this crap.

Renee

• free2think
    free2think

(((((((((((((((((((((Renee)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I just had a look at your profile and I can't see what the problem is. You have nothing to be ashamed of. I really like your homepage btw.

free2think

• Rooster
    Rooster

Gawd I love your response to your mom..

• carla
    carla

Why do they resist so much to reading the bible itself???!!! Can't get my jw to either. As for your myspace, I think it is very nice and quite respectful. Her problem is that you are disagreeing with the wt and we all know that means persecution in their minds. Sad.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You gave her a great reply but being a typical JW thoroughly conditioned in her ideology and attitudes she can't see the bigger picture about the dubs. I liked one of the points you brought out that the JW ideology has found no merit with great biblical scholars and experts in religion. And why should it since the JWs themselves are for ever rejecting and changing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit