Have you ever been called on the carpet due to a bible studies activities?

by lawrence 12 Replies latest social relationships

• lawrence
    lawrence

Have you ever been called on the carpet due to a bible studies activities? Yesterday afternoon I had an amazing recall of events from over 30 years ago. I was a pioneer with 7 or 9 bible studies and one study was Joseph. Joseph was a former merchant marine and started going to Sunday meetings with me. I was going to Bethel for the weekend with other JWs and had a M.S. join our weekly study and that way he got to know Joe. I asked the brother to take Joe to the Sunday meeting. He agreed; and he, his wife, and her mother picked up Joe and sat with him. The mother (a sister) got really friendly with Joe and before they had dropped off Joe the two exchanged telephone numbers. That very night, the sister called Joe and decided to visit poor lonely Joe. The visit lasted the entire night as the two comforted each other in the haven of his Chelsea Mass. apartment. Within a few days I was called on the carpet by a J.C. after the Thursday meeting. Connolly screamed, “We can’t allow that filth into the congregation. It’s your responsibility brother!” Another, “we could cut off his private parts if we were back in Israel!” And another, “brother, did you know he would be going down on a sister? A sister mind you!” Connolly demanded to join our next and last bible study. What a fiasco! I wanted to dig a big hole during the study and disappear as Connolly requested specifics from Joseph of every position, and how the sister reacted. Joseph threw both of us out of his house as the elder resumed his pedantic and perverted questioning. The sister was publicly reproved, Joseph called me to ask what kind of jack offs were at the hall, and I now had Wednesday nights free to bang doors and find another sheep.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    “brother, did you know he would be going down on a sister? A sister mind you!”

No, actually, it never occured to me that he would do that to a sister!

BB

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    “brother, did you know he would be going down on a sister? A sister mind you!”

Now you know it's your responsibility to have new bible stidies™ sign, in triplicate, forms which state that they will not go down on sisters™ until after they are baptized. Kissing the elders asses is, however, encouraged.

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well, it seems Joe got something out of his study that he maybe wasn't expecting!

• lawrence
    lawrence

I saw Joe a few years after I left the Troof in a Chelsea bar, and he wanted the phone number of the sister. I didn't have it, but he drunkenly demanded it, so I gave him Connolly's number. I'm sure that went over like a lead balloon. Do you think Connolly picked him up for the Sunday meeting?

• rebel8
    rebel8

hahahaha

rofl @ lawrence's Dante-style justice

• lawrence
    lawrence

Howdy Reb-

I had Joseph call Gdjika too. What a beast of a man- bombastic, pious, hypocritical - perfect elder! In red ties and red matching blazer, oh so snappie; until Joseph began his midnight calls, " where is that hot sister, you know, I want to study the bible with her. Hey! Hey! What you wearing?"

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I was about to ask what logical reason did Conolly have for blaming you while you were out of town...but then I remembered that when I read these stories, I need to throw all notion of logic to the wind...

• lawrence
    lawrence

Nose-

Exactly! No reason, it's someone's fault, anyone! Everyone! These people are mad, there's no way to apply reason. How you been doing?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Nose-

Exactly! No reason, it's someone's fault, anyone! Everyone! These people are mad, there's no way to apply reason. How you been doing?

So-so. Last Monday I was diagnosed with uveitis. Not fun, but at least I get to skip out on conducting and giving parts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit