Need A Break From The Forum (Goodbye for now)

by lovelylil 49 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Dear Friends,

I am taking some time away from posting. I don't really know if or when I will be back. Thanks for all the support I've been given here, I am very grateful for having "met" you all. Being here has helped me adjust from life inside the Tower to life of freedeom. But, It is time to move on and make some new friends in the real world. There are sooo many things I want to do now that I have the time, such as go back to school, start a new career, take some dance lessons, learn to speak Greek, and much more. The forum as you all know can be quite addictive and time consuming! So I think a clean break is in order, at least for now.

Also now that I know for sure what my new faith/belief system is, I need to find a place to embrace and share it with fellow believers. Ones I can get to know "face to face" and not just over the internet.

I also have some personal issues that need to be addressed. And I need time to address them. I've been thinking about this for about a month now, but now it is time to just do it. I will be lurking the next few days just to see your goodbyes and then I am off.

If anyone wants to keep in touch, here is my personal email address; [email protected]

Good luck everyone, hope you find the answers you are looking for and wishing you peace always! Lilly

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well I'm glad you were here with us for a spell. Take care.

Josie

• Dansk
    Dansk

Lil,

One should never say goodbye. I did, once, and was promptly reminded by Shutterbug of how much I had been helped here and, perhaps, by staying I could help others. I took his advice on board and stuck around - and I'm glad I did.

Of course, people DO need to move on, but that's not to say you can't pop back in once in a while.

I hope you resolve your problems. And remember, you may just have the necessary advice to help some other poor soul who was where you were when you first came here. That's why I mainly stick around - plus I've made some wonderful friends here.

Love,

Ian

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good Luck Lilly with the 'movin' on'. Don't become a tee-totaler though. Come on back for a sip now and again. We'll stay in touch and keep me on your Christmas card list. Hey, maybe we will see each other at WNFJ conference in Penn? In any case - hope my email is still in your addy book -

Jeff

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

lovelylill..I take breaks too..Enjoy your time off..I doubt you`ll be gone long...OUTLAW

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Lilly: I know we've 'crossed swords' occasionally and though I won't patronise you by pretending to any meeting of minds I will say this, you always fought your corner with passion and tenacity.

I wish you well.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Lil....I understand how that feels. Sometimes being on these boards brings up a-lot of "crap" from the past. I know you have a-lot of great things going on....Keep us posted on how you and your family are!

• onacruse
    onacruse

I wish you well in your journey, and wish you and ROC all the best.

Craig

• bernadette
    bernadette

Goodbye lovlylil

peace, freedom and love - a powerful combination in Christ

cheers

bernadette

• RAF
    RAF

Lilly ... Enjoy your break
    and come back ... (you will ...) Take care

Share this