How worldly JW's are becoming ?

by pobthespazz 16 Replies latest social current

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Is it just me or are Dubs becoming so much part of the World?, In the very minimal contact I have had with any JW, especially 1 year watching the young sisters approaching a D/C they seem so materialistic, they all seem to have p/c's mobile phones, latest cars, etc etc, talk about being gods people, it could not be further from the truth,

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Yes but door knocking, 5 meetings a week, underlining mags and books and going to assemblies cancels all that out. Like one big eraser.

abr

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

If you want to watch that in action, see the SoCal dubs around my way. They do anything else a normal young person would do: get drunk (underage), curse at each other, listen to "degrading" music, and shoot things with paintball guns. Only these kids will wake up on Saturday morning and tell complete strangers that they need to get right with God.

• JH
    JH

When I started going to meetings in the mid 80's, hardly any witnesses had the cable. In a matter of a few years, they changed radically. Then I noticed 2 cars per family, at least one very nice car, planing vacations every year, buying a home instead of living in an apartment. Sisters prefering to work and add a 2nd salary instead of pioneering, cell phones, computers, etc... Credit card and so on...

The JW's are getting very will integrated into the "World" that they condemn.

Never before has the young witnesses been more disctinct from the older witnesses.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

From what I see and hear about the JWs in this area, they are as worldly as ever.

they attend concerts from groups that are clearly not in line with the ideals of JWs (I'm not talking Dave Matthews Band- I saw Witnesses at Ozzfest, Lamb of God, and GWAR)

they dress as they wish, very promiscuous, etc. I bumped into a group of witness girls in Victoria's Secret a few weeks ago (I was in there with a lady friend) and all the Witnesses (16-21 yo females) were looking at what I quickly identified as very racy attire.

I am a body piercer on the side, and it would amaze you how many witnesses are getting their belly buttons pierced! It means nothing to people in the world, but that's borderline a DFing offfense! Everybody knows a belly button ring is just a fornication handle!

This are things that have become much more popular in the year I've been out.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Every year at the final day of the summer convention at the close many of the young dubs head about a 10 minute walk to a nice pub on the river thames one year they drank it dry! How Theocratic!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Funny how they want to get everything out of the world they condemn and say is going to be destroyed. If it wasn't for their trumpets you would even know they profess christianity.

abr

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Every year at the final day of the summer convention at the close many of the young dubs head about a 10 minute walk to a nice pub on the river thames one year they drank it dry! How Theocratic!

Well, it looks like the "wonderful words of truth" are a bit easier to take with a pint..or three! Makes you wonder how "refreshing" they are when you need to drown them out with some suds....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When I first joined the cult in the 1983 I noticed there were 2 kinds of people in the congregation. On the one hand there the elders who worked full time, had 2 cars, their own home, a cottage, 2 vacations to Florida every year, and all the toys. These were the guys who stood on the platform and told everyone else to work part time, pioneerâ„¢, and avoid the snares of materialism. On the other hand there were the poor slobs like me who were stupid enough to listen to them.

W

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Besides agreeing with Finally-Free, I think that the normal lifestyle has become more
    popular since the 1995 drop of urgency. No matter how hard they sell the "end is right
    around the corner" stuff, the JW's are not believing it. There was no need to drop the
    first understanding if it happens before 2014 or so, so it must be far off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit