How worldly JW's are becoming ?

by pobthespazz 16 Replies latest social current

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We've seen a few in our local pub who were acting in a far from "theocratic" way, drinking a lot, heavy petting, some were even smoking! Yet they all turn up for the meetings, comment, go on fs etc, and all appear to be jws in good standing. They are the younger element, but some of the older ones, their mums and dads, have nice houses, cars etc.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Finallyfree is right on.

I remember elders preaching contentment from the platform, while grabbing every comfort going.

House to house meant moving to an even bigger one every two years.

They told people to be self sacrificing - get a part time cleaning job and pioneer. Guess who owned and ran the huge cleaning businesses that paid minimal salaries to those pioneers?

Since the congregations no longer exist as fully functioning SOCIAL groups, people only see each other for mutual cult indoctrination. What happens when they are away from the trigger phrases and judging eyes is pretty much the same as for anybody else.

HB

• penny2
    penny2

They still contribute lots of money to the world-wide work. Maybe when they are worldly they feel slightly guilty so contribute even more money.

They still produce the next generation of JWs.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Raises my hand!!!!that was me>On the other hand there were the poor slobs like me who were stupid enough to listen to them.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    They still produce the next generation of JWs.

As much as I love to see the j-dubs become more mainstream in their behavior, the above quote is still the sad reality of todays j-dubs. They continue the cycle by creating

more little j-dubs.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

yeah and they're still all a bunch of f@cking hypocrites.

• PEC
    PEC

I crashed my Aunt and Uncles 50th anniversary party, you should have seen those dub sisters dancing to brick house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit