Will you always see yourself as an "Ex-JW"?

by Gayle 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

I guess that's how it will always be for me,,I've moved on,,all my family is "out' thankfully,,but I spent too many years there, and I won't ever become a member of a religion,,In jest, you are my "church" I guess. :)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I will. I am a brick of the church though.... I Dont go to any building but I am being built up in Christ ,Who is the HEAD of the Church. Are you a brick also????

• done4good
    done4good

It's part of my history, whether I like it, or not. When I participate on JWD, or do some research of sorts on the organization, I am an ex-jw. In my married life, I'm my wife's husband, a non-jw, in fact, my former jw life rarely comes up in discussions with her. At work, a systems engineer. Again, my former jw life is a non issue there, either. But, in a limited sense, I will always be an ex-jw.

j

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Yes... I will aways be XJW...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yes, I was a jw for over half my life, and I will always see myself as an ex jw. It will always be part of my past, and I will never completely forget it, even if the effect it had on my life has faded away.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Mouthy took the words right out of my mouth and said it well, I cant add nothing to that.

abr

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yes I think it always will

Just like the physical, emotional and sexual abuse in my childhood, and the spousal abuse as an adult, my disability, the spiritual abuse of the WTS/JWs will always color who I am.

But the positive things in my past will also be a part of who I am also.

A mother, a grandmother, the strength and determination to overcome obstacles in my life, my college and university education, my career. These things too color the person I have become.

We can make choices to allow the past to overwhelm us, to enslave us into anger and resentment.

Or we can choose to learn from what has happened and then rise above

The Phoenix rising from the ashes, the Butterfly from the cocoon, both excellent examples of the recreation of ourselves into the best we can be.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I think one has no choice ,but to see themselves this way, as a means of keeping your gaurd up. This has to be this way, because the witnesses are relentless and are always seeking an opening, through weakness of character, or even moments of depression and tradgedy. It was a sort of family that we were rejected from, and therfore the shunning is now in reverse. They must know that actions have consequences, and we are not all victims and don't need them.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yes, as long as there is a WT Society, I will consider myself an XJW.

• new boy
    new boy

No I'm not an XJW......................I'm a spiritual being having a human experience

I wouldn't do it again for anything but.....................I wouldn't take a million bucks for the experience.

Personally..............I believe we need to bless EVERYTHING that comes into our lifes and make peace with it.........or you will always be the walking wounded.......And I KNOW ALL of you are better then that!

Namaste......my friends

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit