Will you always see yourself as an "Ex-JW"?

by Gayle 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes. It is added onto the list of everything else I have survived in my life. It is a part of me. A lot of ex-jw's have touched my life, and this part of my history cannot/will not ever be denied.

• Paisley
    Paisley

No, I don't even consider myself an ex-JW now.

• anewme
    anewme

In a way I agree with NewBoy. I hope to get past all this.
    I used to be a Catholic too but I rarely mention that. Its been so long ago. And when I left the Catholic faith it took a few years, but I eventually never looked back nor held it responsible for any problems I had in my life. For me I believe it will be the same about the witnesses. Slowly but surely, daily even, I grow stronger and distance myself emotionally from the years of painful slavery to the Watchtower.

My goal is to become me, a human being in peace and no longer afraid.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Nope. Already I see myself as having once been a cultist. I doubt I will ever fail to remember the fact that I was once a JW, but that fact does not identify me any longer.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Sorry New Boy, I guess I just dont see things the way you do.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Auld Soul makes a good point. I think I will always be an Ex-JW, but perhaps
    one day I will not be identified with that, perhaps I won't think of myself that
    way.

I am sure at this point that I don't want to be known with any new religious ties.

• esw1966
    esw1966

I'll always have that as my background. (30 years )

But I look forward! I LOVE my new churches and I love the changes it has made in me!

I hope to one day just be a follower of Christ who began as a pawn of a religious cult for the begining of my spiritual journey.

There is SO much more out there to wear that title as a ball and chain! Life gets SO much better!

• moshe
    moshe

In an abstract way, yes. It's just one of many "ex" things in my life.

• LexWatson
    LexWatson

I dedicated my life to be a Christian Witness of the Most High God known as Jehovah (at least in the "old" testament) so I will always attempt to live up to that dedication. One of the ways I am doing that now is by pointing others to the REAL TRUTH ...just as I had good intentions of doing before as a WT "club member" in the devious evil WT organization.

I am so looking forward to the day when the Watchtower legal corporations crumble and Jehovah vindicates his name by showing he has no involvement in their immoral and unethical and unloving business of the publishing of deception as well as the cultish control over the brains of those who simply want a better life and desire for better things in the future. I pray I live to see it!!

There will be a day when Jehovah's purpose to have all beings in heaven and on earth bow on bended knee to the appointed king Jesus and worship.

I am just as bitter as many of you are or were. I simply remind myself that Jesus even prayed for his tormenters who were putting him to death..."Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing!"

The WT "club members" may not be allowed to pray for US...but we can show a true Christian Spirit and follow Jesus example by praying for them...just as we are commanded to even pray for our enemies.

So in response to the question will I always feel like an EX JW? I am a Christian Witness to my heavenly Father forever and no imperfect corrupt legal publishing company or "CLUB" can take that away from me.

I won't give them that power over me!!!

Excuse me...I think I hear a knock at the door...I better turn down my PRINCE music!

I may get to witness to some of my brothers!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

It's a matter of which people are still in your life that make you define yourself as an exJW. If there were no longer any ties to it, there would be no need to define yourself as such. It would be easier to move on to seeking a new identity with little or no repercussions. When someone leaves other faiths there isn't a great a need to define themselves as ex christian, ex catholic etc. because such folks arn't usually met with opposition and family divisions on account of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit