IF YOU TALK TO THE MEDIA ON BLOOD, FOCUS/GET THIS POINT IN

by skeeter1 61 Replies latest watchtower medical

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Skeeter, you wrote: "I have the proof."

Then put it together in a document with names, and dates, and references and publish it for us to see. You made the claims, it's up to you to document the proof. I'm not going to run around trying to support your claim for you.

Let me get this straight. You want me to provide a list that says, "Brother Smith took 5 units of Hemopure on June 1, 2003. Brother Anderson took 6 units of Hemopure on July 15, 2003?" I will NEVER get that type of detail, and NEITHER will you. No hospital, doctor, or drug manufacturer is going to give that out. Names are not able to be given. There's a very big law called HIPAA which deals with Medical Privacy - National Standards to Protect the Privacy of Personal Health Information. You sign a statement every time you go to the doctor's office.

You also want me to publish it. Even published material contains misinformation. Just look at the IRAQ war & global warming. It's all over the place.

What I have are conversations with the drug manufacturers themselves. I prefer to hear it from the horse's mouth, so I called them a few weeks ago. You too can hear it from the horse's mouth. That's always the best. I called them & spoke with them for a while. You can call them, too. Two phone calls are not an inconvenience, and should cost you less than a hamburger at McDonalds. I am not asking you to run around town. I have done the hard work for you, and given you the names & numbers of the employees to call. I think that if you're interested in finding out the truth on fractions, then you should seek first hand knowledge. Nothing I publish will convince you.

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Gary,

Here's a PUBLISHED, scientific/medical article on the actual use of hemoglobin by a JW patient. I just downloaded the abstract. It's from the medical journal, "Transfusion." But, it should help convince you that the JW dubs are USING this stuff.

Transfusion

Volume 45 Issue 11 Page 1735 - November 2005

To cite this article: Yash P. Agrawal, Matthew Freedman, Zbigniew M. Szczepiorkowski (2005)
    Long-term transfusion of polymerized bovine hemoglobin in a Jehovah's Witness following chemotherapy for myeloid leukemia: a case report
    Transfusion 45 (11), 1735–1738.
    doi:10.1111/j.1537-2995.2005.00599.x

Prev ArticleNext Article Full Article

BLOOD CONSERVATION AND TRANSFUSION ALTERNATIVES

Long-term transfusion of polymerized bovine hemoglobin in a Jehovah's Witness following chemotherapy for myeloid leukemia: a case report

• Yash P. Agrawal 1 1 From the Blood Transfusion Service and the Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts; the Department of Pathology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire; and the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. ,
    • Matthew Freedman 1 1 From the Blood Transfusion Service and the Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts; the Department of Pathology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire; and the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. ,
    • Zbigniew M. Szczepiorkowski 1 1 From the Blood Transfusion Service and the Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts; the Department of Pathology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire; and the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Zbigniew M. Szczepiorkowski, MD, PhD, Blood Bank and Transfusion Service, Department of Pathology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756; e-mail: [email protected].
    • 1 From the Blood Transfusion Service and the Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts; the Department of Pathology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire; and the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa.
    Zbigniew M. Szczepiorkowski, MD, PhD, Blood Bank and Transfusion Service, Department of Pathology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756; e-mail: [email protected].
    Abstract

A 52-year-old female Jehovah's Witness presented with relapsed secondary acute myeloid leukemia. Because of chemotherapy-induced anemia, she was infused with the bovine hemoglobin (Hb)-based oxygen carrier HBOC-201 (Biopure) as the sole means of transfusion support. HBOC-201 has only been used for management of acute hemorrhage, and its utility in providing longer term transfusion support is unknown. Over a period of 18 days, a total dose of 1230 g of HBOC-201 was delivered. Although the patient succumbed to the disease after 18 days of treatment, this case documents our experience with the highest dose and duration of HBOC-201 ever used. Although possible renal toxicity could not be definitively excluded, the homogeneous extraction of oxygen by the brain in the presence of and perhaps from HBOC-201 was demonstrated.

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Wow Grace what a great job! I really liked the point you made that the attorney is not representing the parents or the children he is representing the Watchtower. Well done!

Cal

• mouthy
    mouthy

well go on that page & let them know you heard it. Cos I have been teasing you on it. LOL

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Gary,

Here's another published article on ACTUAL JWs getting ACTUAL hemoglobin. See the article "Treatment of Life-Threatening POst-Haemorrhagic Anaemia with Cell-free Haemoglobin (English spelling) in an Adolescent Jehovah's Witness pulished in the British Journal of Haematology, 2000, 118, 1882-1186. (or see http://www.law.utoronto.ca/documents/zhealthlaw04/Singh.doc , the "Other technologies" section.)

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Gary,

Here's another medical article on Jehovah's Witnesses ACTUALLY using ACTUAL hemoglobin. http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/extract/347/9/696-a

Combined Blood Substitute and Erythropoietin Therapy in a Severely Injured Jehovah's Witness

Since this article has no abstract, we have provided an extract of the first 100 words of the full text and any section headings.

Full Text
    PDF
    PDA Full Text
    Purchase this article

Add to Personal Archive
    Add to Citation Manager
    Notify a Friend
    E-mail When Cited

Related Article
    Find Similar Articles
    PubMed Citation
    To the Editor: We disagree strongly with the conclusions ofCothren et al. (April 4 issue) 1 about the benefits of the polymerizedhemoglobin-based oxygen carrier PolyHeme in critically ill patientswith anemia who refuse transfusions. Hemoglobin-based oxygencarriers are administered in such patients to increase oxygendelivery to the tissues, in order to maintain or restore oxygenuptake. Yet no data on tissue oxygen balance before and afterthe administration of the product are presented. Such productsmay not be associated with increased oxygen delivery when theycause vasoconstriction in the peripheral circulation and decreasecardiac output. 2 , . . . [Full Text of this Article]

Related Letters:

Blood Substitute and Erythropoietin Therapy in a Severely Injured Jehovah's Witness
    Cothren C., Moore E. E., Offner P. J., Haenel J. B., Johnson J. L.
    Extract | Full Text | PDF
    N Engl J Med 2002; 346:1097-1098, Apr 4, 2002. Correspondence

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Gary,

Here's another medical article on Jehovah's Witnesses ACTUALLY using ACTUAL hemoglobin. http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/extract/347/9/696-a

Combined Blood Substitute and Erythropoietin Therapy in a Severely Injured Jehovah's Witness

Since this article has no abstract, we have provided an extract of the first 100 words of the full text and any section headings.

Full Text
    PDF
    PDA Full Text
    Purchase this article

Add to Personal Archive
    Add to Citation Manager
    Notify a Friend
    E-mail When Cited

Related Article
    Find Similar Articles
    PubMed Citation
    To the Editor: We disagree strongly with the conclusions ofCothren et al. (April 4 issue) 1 about the benefits of the polymerizedhemoglobin-based oxygen carrier PolyHeme in critically ill patientswith anemia who refuse transfusions. Hemoglobin-based oxygencarriers are administered in such patients to increase oxygendelivery to the tissues, in order to maintain or restore oxygenuptake. Yet no data on tissue oxygen balance before and afterthe administration of the product are presented. Such productsmay not be associated with increased oxygen delivery when theycause vasoconstriction in the peripheral circulation and decreasecardiac output. 2 , . . . [Full Text of this Article]

Related Letters:

Blood Substitute and Erythropoietin Therapy in a Severely Injured Jehovah's Witness
    Cothren C., Moore E. E., Offner P. J., Haenel J. B., Johnson J. L.
    Extract | Full Text | PDF
    N Engl J Med 2002; 346:1097-1098, Apr 4, 2002. Correspondence

• moanzy
    moanzy

I know of 2 people in my old cong. that decided on the Rhogam shot. (my aunt and elders wife) It is considered a concience matter, but it was a subject of gossip within our cong.

When I started having children I was told I was RH negative. I decided to have the shot, but I was grilled by my mom and sister over the fact that I was taking blood

and that their concience would never allow them to do this. It was either the shot or a blood transfusion for my little baby perhaps even before she was born. At the time

it was the lesser of the 2 evils. What I understand is that taking in fractions are a concience matter as long as you don't tell anyone about it. As soon as other JW's know

you are going to hear how "their" concience is stronger and would never bla bla bla!!!

Moanzy

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Gary,

Here's another MEDICAL article on ACTUAL JWs getting ACTUAL hemoglobin (Polyheme). http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/links/doi/10.1111/j.0958-7578.2004.00502.x/abs/

Transfusion Medicine

Volume 14 Issue 3 Page 241 - June 2004

To cite this article: C. C. Cothren, E. E. Moore, J. S. Long, J. B. Haenel, J. L. Johnson, D. J. Ciesla (2004)
    Large volume polymerized haemoglobin solution in a Jehovah's Witness following abruptio placentae
    Transfusion Medicine 14 (3), 241–246.
    doi:10.1111/j.0958-7578.2004.00502.x

Prev ArticleNext Article Full Article

Case Report

Large volume polymerized haemoglobin solution in a Jehovah's Witness following abruptio placentae

• C. C. Cothren * *The Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA 1 1 C. Clay Cothren, MD, Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, 777 Bannock Street, MC 0206, CO 80204, Denver, CO, USA. Tel.: +1 303 436 6558; fax: +1 303 436 6572; e-mail: [email protected] ,
    • E. E. Moore * *The Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA ,
    • J. S. Long * *The Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA ,
    • J. B. Haenel * *The Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA ,
    • J. L. Johnson * *The Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA and
    • D. J. Ciesla * *The Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
    • *The Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
    1 C. Clay Cothren, MD, Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, 777 Bannock Street, MC 0206, CO 80204, Denver, CO, USA. Tel.: +1 303 436 6558; fax: +1 303 436 6572; e-mail: [email protected]
    Abstract

Summary. Severe anaemia, with haemoglobin (Hb) levels =3 g dL Carson et al., 2002 ; Practice guidelines for blood component therapy. 1996 ; Consensus Conference. 1988 ; Hebert et al., 1999 ), few would argue the risks associated with Hb levels less than 5 g dL We describe a Jehovah's Witness patient who exemplifies the marked physiologic derangements of severe anaemia and subsequent clinical resolution with large volume polymerized human Hb transfusion. The Hb-based oxygen carrier, PolyHeme®, provided adequate oxygen transport, acting as a bridge until endogenous production could compensate for red cell loss. Practicing physicians need to be aware of current therapeutic options for use in these complicated patients.

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch
    well go on that page & let them know you heard it. Cos I have been teasing you on it. LOL

?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit