IF YOU TALK TO THE MEDIA ON BLOOD, FOCUS/GET THIS POINT IN

by skeeter1 61 Replies latest watchtower medical

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

FYI I had less than 15 Minutes notice for this interview so I had little time to prepare and was not told what questions would be ask.

Cal

• mouthy
    mouthy

Cal You did wonderful... 15 min only I felt I did not do as well as your info---. & I had three hours warning ... Great job. You can hear mine on my post interveiw at 10.00 on the radio. (((HUG))

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Thanks Grace I can't find the thread can you bump it for me.

Cal

• Gayle
    Gayle

Any one of JWs would acknowledge, if a person died saving someone else (loved one or stranger), died sacrificing his life (including, organs, bones, skin and "BLOOD"), that would be considered absolutely wonderful, God-like unselfish, heroic, loving, etc, but then,,JWs say it would be an unforgivable sin for anyone to give just a minimal pint of their blood to someone to save their life. ABSURD!!!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Gayle,

To the Watchtower Society, it's an unforgiveable sin to take a whole blood transfusions as one must abstain from blood. BUT............it's not an unforgivable sin to take blood products, all of which: a) come from blood, and b) make a whole unit of blood if added together.

The Sociey is a hypocrite. This is just like the UN scandal, where the Society denounced the UN to their followers but were actually part of the UN for many years!

The Sociey is tricking the followers and media. They describe these fractions as "minute" to the Canadian media. Please take a look at the bag of Hemopure (pictured above). This is the insides of the red blood cell. It's the "wine" within the wine bottle. Does this look like a "minute" part of blood?

Skeeter

• garybuss
    garybuss

Skeeter, you wrote: "they take blood fractions"

Where is your proof the Jehovah's Witness people take blood fractions? Do you have any? Or is it just your opinion they take blood? Because I don't have any proof at all that they willingly do in fact take blood fractions.

I'm aware of the Watch Tower produced articles that say fractions are a conscience item, and I have no problem quoting these articles. But I do have a problem saying Witness people do accept the blood fractions, because I have seen no proof that the Witness aggregate willingly receives blood treatment. None! I am personally aware of Witness people refusing such treatment as well as refusing dialysis after the conscience articles came out.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Gary,

Hemoglobin is a blood fraction, and it is the BIGGEST blood fraction. It is the insides of the red blood cell. It's the "wine" inside the "wine bottle", and it transports oxygen. See the June 2006 article by the Society. Hemoglobin is allowed, by "personal decision." Hemoglobin is made under the brand names, Hemopure and Polyheme, among others. Above, are the phone numbers to the makers of Hemopure and Polyheme. Please call them on Monday. They have been giving out their blood fractions to JWs on a "compassionate use" basis. Call them, and ask these ladies for yourself. That would be your proof. I do not think they will tell you the names of individual JWs, as that would be against medical confidentiality laws.

Witnesses have been told through the Watchtower & Awake to keep the use of blood fractions quiet, so as to not stumble others. This is, I believe, why the JWs are instructed to go to the Hospital Liasion elder. The HLC elder helps the patients get these fractions. We are not going to get many followers to openly admit that they would take/have taken the blood fractions. They would be seen as weak. But, the "stronger" ones are openly adamant about their abstinence from blood and blood products. The older ones are more likely to oppose the blood fraction policy, as well. They were drilled in the 1950's to not take blood in any form.

Skeeter

p.s. Here's from the University of Pennsylvania. http://pennhealth.com/health_info/bloodless/blood_jchart.html

Jehovah's Witnesses - Position Overview
    Return to IndexStep 1: An Overview Of Bloodless MedicineStep 2: The Components Of BloodStep 3: Why People Choose Bloodless MedicineStep 4: Benefits And RisksStep 5: Surgeries That Can Use Bloodless MethodsStep 6: Preparing For Bloodless SurgeryStep 7: Strategies And Techniques During SurgeryStep 8: Post-SurgeryGlossary *Close Menu* Return to IndexStep 1: An Overview Of Bloodless MedicineStep 2: The Components Of BloodStep 3: Why People Choose Bloodless MedicineStep 4: Benefits And RisksStep 5: Surgeries That Can Use Bloodless MethodsStep 6: Preparing For Bloodless SurgeryStep 7: Strategies And Techniques During SurgeryStep 8: Post-SurgeryGlossary *Close Menu*

Jehovah's Witnesses firmly believe that blood has sacred meaning, and that it should not be removed from the body and stored, nor should donor blood be taken in during a transfusion. Therefore, Witnesses do NOT accept blood products containing major blood fractions (see chart below) or any technique that involves blood storage.

The chart below further defines the position of Jehovah's Witnesses. It lists which techniques are clearly acceptable (there are many!) and which are a matter of personal decision.

ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATIVES
    Blood-oxygen monitoring devices
    • Transcutaneous pulse oximeter
    • Pediatric ultra-microsampling equipment
    • Multiple tests per blood draw (batching)
    Hematopoietic agents
    • IV Iron (InFed, Ferrlicet, Venofer)
    • Folic Acid
    • Vitamin B-12
    • Vitamin C
    • Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (Neupogen)
    • Interleukin-11 (Neumega)
    • Recombinant stem-cell factor (Stemgen)
    Operative and anesthetic techniques
    • Hypotensive anesthesia
    • Induced hypothermia
    • Mechanical occlusion of bleeding vessel
    Hemostatic agents for bleeding/clotting Topical
    • Avitene
    • Gelfoam
    • Oxygel
    • Surgicel
    Injectable
    • Desmopressin (DDAVP)
    • e-aminocaproic acid (Amicar)
    • Tranexamic acid (Cyklokapron)
    • Vasopressin (Pitressin)
    • Aprotinin (Trasylol)
    • Vincristine (Oncovin)
    • Conjugated estrogens
    • Vitamin K (Phylonadione)
    • Recombinant Factor VIIa (NiaStase)
    • Recombinant Factor IX (BeneFIX)
    Volume expanders: Crystalloids
    • Ringer's lactate
    • Normal and hypertonic saline
    Volume expanders: Colloids
    • Dextran
    • Gelatin
    • Hetastarch (Hespan, Hextend)
    • Pentastarch
    Oxygen therapy
    • Hyberbaric oxygen therapy
    • Perfluorocarbon solutions (Oxygent)
    Surgical devices and techniques
    • Electrocautery
    • Ligasure vessel sealing system
    • Laser surgery
    • Argon beam coagulator
    • Gamma knife radiosurgery
    • Microwave coagulating scalpel
    • Endoscope
    • Arterial emobolization
    • Cryosurgery
    • Ultrasonic scalpel
    PERSONAL DECISIONS
    Medical products and therapy
    • Albumin
    • Any drug buffered with albumin (e.g., Epogen/Procrit, Kogenate)
    • Immune globulins
    • Natural clotting factors
    • Cryoprecipitate
    • Plasma protein fractions (Plasmanate)
    • Tissue adhesives
    • Natural interferons
    • Hemoglobin-based blood substitutes
    • Platelet derived wound healing factors
    Medical tests
    • Red or white blood cell tagging
    Surgical procedures
    • Dialysis and heart-lung equipment
    • Blood salvage (Cell Saver) without blood storage
    • Hemodilution (if blood is not stored)
    • Therapeutic apheresis

Based on a table created by Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center.

• Quandry
    Quandry

JW's are hypocrites to their own belief, and lie to the entire world. THIS IS THE REAL STORY.

After being in the "truth" for over thirty years, I am finally beginning to understand this. For many years, I did not understand, and went along with the thinking that "all the research had been done for me" and that I did not need to bother myself with details, just obey. It began to bother me greatly, though, that I did not understand, and from all the conflicting articles and decisions from the WTS, could not make sense of it.

Now that I have stepped back from the meetings, and am educating myself due to sites like this with links to the current and former HLC committee members I can see that this is exactly the point. How does the organization say that blood transfusion is NOT TO BE ACCEPTED, then in the same breath say that fractions are permitted?

No wonder that with so much conflicting gobbledy gook, no one understands the position of the Witnesses. The above statement explains it all--they DO ALLOW BLOOD---THEY ARE HYPOCRITES.

If I were in a hospital now, and decided to take a transfusion to save my life, I guess I could confidently say that I was willing to accept blood fractions----just not acknowledge that I had taken alot of fractions that eventually made up the whole!!!!!

Thanks for this statement--this will now be my stance when speaking to people that ask about the blood issue.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Gary,

How many JWs have had a tetenus, rabies, hepatitis, or hemophilia drugs? Alot, I bet. Well, tehse are all made from blood fractions, as this Watchtower article states.

Watchtower 06/15/1978 pages 29 thru 31
    What, however, about accepting serum injections to fight against disease, such as are employed for diphtheria, tetanus, viral hepatitis, rabies, hemophilia and Rh incompatibility? ...This seems to fall into a 'gray area.'... Hence, we have taken the position that this question must be resolved by each individual on a personal basis....How concerned should a Christian be about blood in food products? ...This may call for a degree of care.... Christians, individually, must decide what to do.

Skeeter

• garybuss
    garybuss

Skeeter, I know what hemoglobin is. I know what a fraction is. I know what "personal decision" means. Demonstrating that using a product is a choice, and showing that the product is available, is way different from proving I'm using it.

So correct me if I'm wrong. You say it's my personal decision to drink chocolate milk. You check with the dairy, and sure enough, chocolate milk is available at my location. So that's your proof that I drink chocolate milk?

You wrote: "they take blood fractions"

Do you have proof that Witnesses are taking blood fractions? Or are you guessing they are, based on the chocolate milk proof?

Because if you guess that I drink chocolate milk, you'd be wrong, yet all the elements are the same as your Witness blood theory.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm trying to expose the facts if there are any. So far I'm not seeing any.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit