Homeschooling . Are you for or against?

by becca1 56 Replies latest jw friends

• becca1
    becca1

Just want to take a poll. No need for explinations, just for or against.

Me- Against.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

for

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im against it. I feel it just isolates the children further. If the JW child is really miserable and being mistreated at school, then maybe make an exception to it, but otherwise I feel it just adds more dysfunction to a childs life, and socially isolates them.

• RAF
    RAF

I'm for both (a bit of this a bit of that)

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Open minded enough to say whatever is best for the child, should be done.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I'm against!

How is a person supposed to handle the rejections in life, including bosses (firing and hiring, etc.....) if that person does not learn by experiencing first hand all things. Interactions with many teachers and schoolmates will give good character!!!

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

100% for, if done correctly. John Taylor Gatto - Dumbing Us Down - is an excellent eye-opener on the agenda of public schools.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

OOPS, I didnt read that explanations werent needed, Oh well I just had to give my opinion.

• moshe
    moshe

Some children are focused and interested in learning AND they have a good teacher who happens to be a parent. The children respect them too and are willing to follow a student/teacher relationship with them during class times. For everyone else homeschooling won't work and is not the best choice. I have a neighbor who homeschools her children. The boy is almost nine. I asked him one day what 7x6 was- he didn't know the answer.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

against - a part of growing up an learning is being with a crowd of people in a slightly competitive environment - learning to mix with people - learning to deal with authority. I do not think you get that with home schooling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit