Do you have to get baptized to be saved?

by JH 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

1 Peter 3:21

21 That which corresponds to this is also now saving YOU , namely, baptism, (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the request made to God for a good conscience,) through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The Witnesses say that you have to get baptized to be saved, but what will happen to JW children that aren't baptized or JW teens that didn't get baptized yet?

• A-Team
    A-Team

Some people get saved just seconds before they die...will Christ reject them because they didn't get Baptized? IMO, nope. God is trying to find any excuse to let you into Heaven. The JWs believe that God is trying to find any excuse to destroy you.

• JH
    JH
    The JWs believe that God is trying to find any excuse to destroy you.

That is EXACTLY the way I felt about God when I was going to the meetings.

Doesn't sound too loving, hey.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Not sure, but Im baptized, so Im good to go either way!!!!!!!! Lmao

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I like A Teams response. I have never been baptized, and my church that I attend on occasion doesnt teach that it is absolutely required for salvation. I do want to get baptized, but somehow I equate getting baptized with joining the church. Dont get me wrong I would love to join this church, but it is a long way from me. I havent found any churches here that I feel comfortable in. so for now Im an irregular, unbaptized churchgoer

• A-Team
    A-Team

It's a commandment (yes, it will get tricky now) but it dosen't save you. Baptismal is the outward confession that you made Jesus as Lord. IMO, if you were baptized as a Witness, you need not to get Baptized again, unless you feel that you must do it again.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Perhaps sacramental logic is not reversible.

From A => B it doesn't follow that non-A => non-B.

• JH
    JH
    From A => B it doesn't follow that non-A => non-B.

You must be a Math teacher...

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch
    It's a commandment (yes, it will get tricky now) but it dosen't save you. Baptismal is the outward confession that you made Jesus as Lord. IMO, if you were baptized as a Witness, you need not to get Baptized again, unless you feel that you must do it again.

Well-said A-Team, I agree. Cal

• RAF
    RAF

Ephesian 4
    4. There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;
    5. one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    6. one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Matthew 3
    11. As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

The baptisme is spiritual = when you let yourself being absorbeb by the holly spirit (it's a rebirth in the faith - you remain imperfect but you feel way better spiritually - you just listen to the holly spirit - when it tells to your heart HEY HO you are going to far on this well you stop / or please this one or this one need your help - you help ... and if needed he'll give you the strenght / faculty to do it). Nobody but Christ can baptise you ... Christians (those who feel like christ = those who feel for others) in being nice (as much as they can - but they can not everything everybody have their own strenght) gives you the envy to have faith like them, they are the premice which help you to get baptised (the begining of the rebirth) in being absorbed by the holly spirit.

Only my point of view of course ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit