Who is the most influential figure in the history of human civilization?

by Blueblades 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Boy is this place christocentic or what? Only 1/4 of humanity are christinian...... carmel

• Carmel
    Carmel

Adam! by xtian accounts, he's passed on to every single person ever to live then inheritance that makes us all have to struggle against da debil. carmel

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Tupac Shukar

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My answer to your question for better or worse is Jesus. That's coming from my American perspective. 33% of the world is christian. 21% Moslem 14% Hindu. Thats coming from my googling the demographics of religion in the world. Those are the standings of the religions today. I cant think of anybody more influential before Jesus on the world. Some people say that man records history in reference to Jesus, bc before christ and ad after the year of our lord. So to my mind he had a pretty good advertising team.

Thomas Edison inventing the electric light is very monumental, but people dont worship him. Tesla and Ac current is very monumental. Henry Ford showing the world how to mass produce autos. I wonder if the people in China even know of any of these men.

My second choice behind Jesus would be Adam for getting us into this mess.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

You people all have it wrong-

Its the inventor of Slim Jim beef snacks.

Who else but the most influential figure in the history of humans could create such a convenient and delicious form of nourishment in 5 exciting flavors?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The name of the most influential figure in history is long forgotten, but his fireside invention of God still lives on.

Should he be proud, or ashamed??

Cheers

Chris

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Depends where you live or lived in time and what you judge as influential.
    Ghengis Khan
    Louis Pasteur
    Aristotle
    Hitler
    Stalin
    Jesus
    Krishna
    Mohammed
    Bhudda
    Tim Berners-Lee
    Devil
    Elvis
    Constantine
    Adam
    Eve (archaelogial one or the bible one)

• dh
    dh

It's gotta be a toss up between Father Time and Mother Nature.

• frozen one
    frozen one

My nominee is the person who figured out sanitary sewers. Without proper sewers civilization flounders. Here's a link to backup my claim.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2554575,00.html

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

According to the Bible, the Satan is the most influential figure because 1/3 and more of the angels were influenced by him and the great majority of humanity has is and will be influenced by him resulting in the destruction of "MANY", in contrast with the "few" that are influenced by Jesus resulting in salvation.

However, I think that most influential human person in the history of human civilization is Jesus Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit