Prince - now a patry pooper

by stevenyc 26 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/494069p-416141c.html

Prince backed out of his party at INK in Miami the Sunday of the Super Bowl because the hot spot's dragon decor offends his religious beliefs. The singer, a devout Jehovah's Witness, "sent someone for a walk-through of the space," co-owner Laurent Bourgade tells us. "When they reported back the prints on the club, he changed his mind." According to WatchTower.org, the faith's official Web site, "the highly symbolic Book of Revelation depicts the Devil as 'a great fiery-colored dragon.' " Bourgade says they're "looking at Justin Timberlake" as a last-minute replacement. Who wouldn't?

steve

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

LOL at morning dyslexia !

I can't change the topic heading because this site don't like Mac's.

steve

• juni
    juni

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Dragons bad huh?? What a weinie.

But his big bash after the Golden Globes was a theocratic party? How pathetic.

Juni

That's funny Steve! Don't worry about it.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I didn't notice anything wrong till you mentioned it so I must have it also. Anyway what a dope. He is still trying to live in two worlds, being a rockstar and a Watchtower magazine salesman. They don't go together very well.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

He is still trying to live in two worlds, being a rockstar and a Watchtower magazine salesman. They don't go together very well.

Good post.

I cant immagine Prince being a witless very long. It's too restrictive and conflicting. If it starts hitting his pocket book his management will start leaning on him to come to his senses.

On the other hand maybe prince is washed up retired and just coasting. I think his first record that I bought came out in the 70's thats more than 30 years ago. I dont think Prince is very relevant to todays music.

But Justin Timberlake the bad boy from the MIckey Mouse club? I guess when I went ga ga over the beatles I was about 7 years old. The juveniles drive the music business. Correct me if I'm wrong though, Justin is a total posser. He doesnt play an instrument that I have ever seen. There is no talent factor there to compete with Prince. Has Justin ever done the splits or sang like a woman? His main claim to fame was assisting Janet Jackson in having a wardrobe malfunction on national television.

Now if Justin would have been in the backstreet boys at least he would have made some hit music.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Is Prince getting ready for Gilead?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I read it as "party"! LOL!

The World-WT life balance has got to get frustrating!!I really feel for him and wonder how numbered his days as a jw are. Him leaving/fading from the jw's would make the whole org look bad. They would lose their millenium poster child for all that is right in their minds!

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

I wonder how the dude counts his service time. There is no way he's knocking on anyones door here in MN.

• luna2
    luna2

Could you imagine that tiny, exquisite, little fairy man knocking on your door trying to sell you mags? Would he wear make up? What about his clothes? Would he provide the transportation (and the driver?) What a riot!

Juni, I love the idea of Prince throwing "theocratic" parties. I can see it now, playing Bible trivia, singing Kingdom Melodies, eating modest goodies, like popcorn, watermelon, cheese and crackers and sody pop, maybe a little line dancing. Yeah, that's realistic.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Of all the women that Prince has been through, he got his mind blown by the Jehovah's Witnesses. (Just like us ) * I mean the mind blown part*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit