Alone in a world so cold, world so cold
    Maybe I'm just 2 demanding
    Maybe I'm just like
    my father 2 bold
    Maybe you're just like my mother
    She's never satisfied
    Why do we scream at each
    other
    This is what it sounds like when doves cry.

love michelle

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Personally I like the fact that the media has come out and acknowlege that Prince is a practising jw this can only give the WTS more

bad press. I quess the little dirty perverts conscious caught up to him over the years and it was time for some redemption ( and then there was a knock on his front door.)

The jw's are always bolstered with pride whenever a known celebrity becomes one of them, remember Micheal Jackson. George Benson, Van Morisson to name a few.

If Prince was truly honest and forthright with his faith he would retire showbiz, live off his millions, give some to the WTS., and become a special pioneer and maybe

write some new kingdom songs in his spare time. It's puzzling to me why the WTS. hasn't sacked him yet !

Possibily how could they think this character is giving them good promotion, how weird, delusional and stupid.

Sounds to me like this was just a publicity stunt on his part to get back public approval, since everyone got tired of the old dirty Prince,....so it's once bad now righteous syndrome.

To him I suppose it justifies his means, professional show people do this many times to gain popularity in a career.

So play on Prince your only hurting and damaging the WTS. and this is always a good thing in my books !

• Gopher
    Gopher

Actually, Prince was guided to the JW's by his mother, not a door-to-door call.

See this link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=14134817&method=full&siteid=50143&headline=from-sex-god-to-doorstep-bible-basher-name_page.html

The death of Prince's mother, jazz singer Mattie Shaw, was a turning point for the star, who has sold more than 100 million albums. Her dying wishes were for him to become a Jehovah's Witness, as she had been for most of her life, and to see him married. He tied the knot with Mani weeks before his mother passed away and six months after the death of his father, pianist and bandleader John L Nelson.

Also, he actually did go door-to-door for a while, when still living in Minnesota and married to Manuela. (This information is about 3 years old.)

As part of his new life, Prince and Manuela pay weekly visits to the residents of Minneapolis. At times, Scofield [one of the elders in the Chanhassen, MN congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses] accompanies the couple and their bodyguards. He admits it can take a good few minutes before stunned homeowners recover from the shock of finding a superstar at their door. Speaking publicly about Prince's new beliefs for the first time, Scofield confirms: "He's so well known that when he turns up on people's doorsteps, it really surprises them."
  • avishai
    avishai
    On the other hand maybe prince is washed up retired and just coasting. I think his first record that I bought came out in the 70's thats more than 30 years ago. I dont think Prince is very relevant to todays music.

Yes, his first record came out in the '70's, and yes, he's a dope. But David Bowie's first album came out in the 1960's and HE's still relevant.

Sadly, so is prince, and he can still SHRED!!! Just check this out..........I think Clapton would be proud...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fh8dYJWcsdg

• avishai
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

Thanks for the correction on his jw beginings........

But honestly though, don't judge a man's character on his outer skin especialy when he's carring a bible in his hand and wearing a big smile.

I saw a couple of his performances recently and the obvious sexual innuendo in his music was still very apparent.

Doesn't come across as a wholsome down to earth christian to me !

I still think he changed to suit the needs of his popularity........my 2 cents

• luna2
    luna2

Those were amazing, avishai! I'll admit it...I sometimes forget what an amazing musician he is.

• onacruse
    onacruse

thetrueone:

The jw's are always bolstered with pride whenever a known celebrity becomes one of them, remember Micheal Jackson. George Benson, Van Morisson to name a few.

Van Morisson??? I never heard that!

Craig (thefalseone)

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Van Morrison was never a JW. When he was young, I believe his mother was....or was just studying with JW's. Anyhow, the story is that Van went to the KH once or twice but never took an interest in it. I like his song though....."Everybodys Rockin At The Kingdom Hall.

HappyDad

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Cliff Richard was also raised one, but became a Christian. Hank Marvin (of Cliff's supporting band TheShadows) is still one. I think he's still an Elder since emmigrating to Australia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit