Grandma passed away this morning

by OnTheWayOut 32 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I think your Grandma will love your euology

It's kind of morbid, but she already read her eulogy. Grandma liked the one I did for Grandpa so much
    that she made me work on hers over a year ago, then wanted to approve it. I told her at first that I
    felt funny about that, but she insisted.

I had my grandfather write his life story about 5 or 6 years before his passing (he lived to 97) and I
    developed the eulogy from that. It was pretty easy to tell the story of a poor child born in one
    country and immigrating the the US. His life crossed the 20th Century, so he did so much.
    Grandma was too lazy to write her lifestory, so I had to interview her about 2 years ago. She was
    much more of a character than Grandpa, so writing the eulogy was easy, but writing one she would
    approve of was a complicated deal. I think I captured her essence perfectly. She did approve of it.

It's funny. The sincere sympathy from the JW's is good, but it's like the regards from business associates.
    It's not them- it's me. They mean what they say, I just know they will eventually recognize me as a
    "marked" person. Yet the sympathies I read here, from people I have never met, have touched me the same
    as those of family members. I think the difference is that you didn't have to say anything. You wanted to
    support someone of like circumstances. While I am not a fan of organized religion, now, I hate that the JW's
    would belittle the support that "those in Babylon the Great" would offer each other. All sincere warm thoughts
    should be (and are in this case) appreciated. Thank you.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Onthewayout,

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother!!

You will be in our thoughts and prayers!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
  • becca1
    becca1

I'm very sorry for your loss.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So sorry for your lost, you have my condolences

Josie

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

My condolences, OnTheWayOut. ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

• juni
    juni

May you have peace OnTheWayOut. My thoughts are with you and I know that your Grandma will be very proud of you as you lovingly share her life's story with friends, relatives and family.

Love,

Juni

• Rooster
  • lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm sorry (((((((OntheWayOut)))))).

• serendipity
    serendipity

You prepared a eulogy that captures her essence and have pics of her life. What a lovely way to honor her memory!

(( OTWO ))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit