Grandma passed away this morning

by OnTheWayOut 32 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Many of you read my thread about a JW in the family not visiting his parents or telling family
    how to contact him. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/128234/1.ashx

Well, the thread was about my grandmother being sick. She passed away this morning.
    We are having the visitation and funeral right away this weekend. I have the honor of
    delivering the eulogy. I did this for my grandfather, and now my grandmother. While
    many JW's from my mother's cong. were there for Grandpa, and will be again for
    Grandma, this is a true eulogy, not a talk outline.

While I was prepared for this death, I must reflect on the loss.
    Grandma believed there is something after death. I don't know. Without knowing,
    that kind of leaves me with "That was it." as an answer. You all out there that need
    more than that, just remember that believing doesn't change the reality. Just look
    at the followers of WTS.

Okay, I got my sorrow out some, and I got a slam in for the Chicken Little Cult.
    Thanks all for your help.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Sympathies to you .

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am sorry for the loss of your grandma. It seems you were all prepared, but saying goodbye to a loved one is so hard. I know you will miss her.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was doing alright all day. We were making arrangements. I stayed busy when I got home,
    putting together some display boards with family photos (she had tons of them) and then
    I practiced the eulogy. I didn't find time to get really sad until I typed that first entry. I will have
    all day Friday to deal and let it out. I'm sure I will get too bogged in details Saturday to allow
    myself to deliver a bad eulogy.

It's been a real privilege to learn the lifestories of my grandparents. This is the last of them to
    pass away.

• Paisley
    Paisley
    It's been a real privilege to learn the lifestories of my grandparents. This is the last of them to
    pass away.

(((OnTheWayOut)))

You're sweet.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure you will make your Grandma proud at the service. You are a thoughtful grandson to want to make sure her life is celebrated as special.

Once again, my condolences. I still remember losing my grandparents. Not easy.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear OTWO,

Our thoughts and best wishes....I delivered the eulogy for Grandpa after the priest officiated. The Rosary, the Lord's Prayer, as I am recalling it only now. It was not easy, but I'm glad I did it and my Catholic relatives were grateful and loving. I am so sorry now for missing all the wonderful times I could have enjoyed with them. Whatever you set out to do---besides honoring Grandma---I wish you your heart's desire.

CoCo

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

My condolences (((((((((((((OnTheWayOut)))))))))))))))

What "that was it" really means may be much better than any imaginary future life. But it takes time to unfold to the living's consciousness.

• evetteto
    evetteto

Sorry to hear about your loss...may the peace of God comfort you.....and I hope you turn it out.

Love,

Evette

• bernadette
    bernadette

onthewayout

very sorry for your loss

bernadette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit