by amara 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carmel
    Carmel

guilty about what? Ya got notin to feel guilty about, mam! carmel

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Amara,

WELCOME to the forum!!!!

We are glad you have found your way here!! Have you done much research since leaving?? Research into the organizations past?? Once you do all those guilty feelings you are feeling will I gaurentee disapate! We are trained to feel guilty for leaving. Because they equate that with leaving God. So put them to the test Amara. Anyone who makes such claims ought to be able to withstand a thourough examination of their credentials. I encourage you to start with 607. You will quickly see they have put themselves equal to Jesus on false dates. Hang in there!! Pray. Don't forget, you have been drawn out for a reason. Pray for strength, and inner peace. I gaurentee he will give it to you!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• choosing life
    choosing life

Welcome to the board!

My son left the religion when he was 18. That was 12 years ago. Yes it broke my heart. But it slowly wore me down too. I finally realized that this religion is very immoral. Now I am out and we have a great relationship.

So take heart, you may someday free your mother.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Welcome Amara, the guilt feelings are generally associated with the idea that as you leave the org, you equate that with leaving God, the two are not the same. However your feelings of guilt could be from what you call a pagan path that you have chose. None of us are without sin but the course that you may have chosen may be more than just your witness training. It depends on how far or how bad the course you are talking about.

Romans 2:14,15 Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. 15 They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.

abr

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    I feel guilty for no reason, Does anyone else ever have this problem? If you do, how do you handle it?

I have to accept that I only did what I thought was right at the time. I remind myself that I cannot go back in the past and correct mistakes. What I can do is learn from them and apply this knowledge to the future.

Welcome

lisa

• jinjam
    jinjam

hi and welcome!

remember time is a healer!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Merry Meet!!

Welcome to the board!! Like it was already mentioned, time does heal. There are several of us here that have also chosen the pagan path!! Look forward to getting to know you!!

blessed be,

shelley

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Welcome to the board!

I can totally relate to that “guilty” feeling. I was raised as a JW and was baptized as a teen. I left “The Organization” when I was in my early 20s. For years I suffered with guilt. It was an internal conflict that I couldn’t shake. Relatives kept pressuring me to go back. But I couldn’t . Deep down it just didn’t feel right to be a JW anymore. But I kept thinking that I had disappointed my family and that God was angry with me for leaving his organization.

Then a few years ago I started reading the so called “apostate” literature. I searched the web for any and everything that I could find on the Watchtower Society. Then I read “Crisis of Conscience”, and I was shocked. This was the organization that I was feeling so guilty about leaving?

At times now I get angry when I think about my past life as a JW. But I'm much happier now too. It took time for me, but that guilty feeling is forever gone.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Welcome!

Me guilt? No, the only time guilt is a positive emotion is when it is prompted by hurting someone or something. Guilt should move one to right the wrong they've done. You have harmed no one by leaving the JWs.

blessed be.

• amara
    amara

Thank you all for your kind words and your welcomes! I have been studing paganism the last year and a half, and I love what I have been learning, my parents no longer profess to be wittnesses, but they do believe what the wittnesses teach, my mom is very close minded..so I really have no one nagging at me to go back, just the ones that show up at my door now and again. I guess lately I have been having dreams of going to assemblies, and after a dream it tends to bring on feelings of guilt for being interested in paganism. I have not studied the background of the wittnesses, when I left I wanted nothing to do with them. I was so sick of they hypocrisy, and the back bitting, because I was an elders daughter for so many years, I was constantly scrutinized, it got to the point that no matter what I did it wasn't right. I have seen these people with extrodaniary faith, not usually of wittnesses but of other religions and I always wanted that but could never grasp it as a JW. I have taken what everyone has said to heart and I appreciate everyone of your opinions. I think I will delve into the background a little bit. I do not believe they have the truth at all, what is that scripture they are always quoting, you cannot get good fruit from a rotten tree. I think it pertains to them. Thank you all again and have a lovely day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit