My Bethel experience part II

by new boy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Wanderer,

The big difference between Bethel and other large American corporations is YOU DON'T MAKE MONEY AT BETHEL! BS is easier to take when getting a big check.

Please New Boy, on with part III.

JK

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Thank you for posting your experiences. I enjoyed reading them. I'm looking forward to part III.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Great story, New Boy! And to think that I was told Bethel would be a great place to go. After your story, and some other stories, I can safely say there is no way I'd get caught there. There is some stuff I just simply don't stand for, and I know that I'd have a confrontation with people if I went there.

Can't wait for part 3.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Poor Wilbur..........One day my friend Tom Plank operator of Press 6 and me pulled Wilbur aside and asked him why he never got married "Oh.......I WANTED to, but back in the 30's and 40's we couldn't get married and stay at bethel we had to made a vow of celibacy.........and armageddon was going to COME any day..........When Knorr showed up with a wife after an assembly in the early 50's that changed everything.......but for me it was too late............I was in my late 60's......Who would have someone like me?"

Oh yeah, but their rules don't mess up people's lives, right?

Jeezez, this is so sad.

I LOVE your experiences - and you write it so well!! You also have a great sense of humor. I LOVE how you had Sister Lopaz PAGED!! LOL

YESPLEASE, 3rd installment, yeah, like Confession said, you can't tease us like that and not write more!!!

thank you, new boy!!!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I cant wait for part 3. I know I left no less than 4 people at bethel I would have liked to kill.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I love it! More!

My parents tried to talk me into going to Bethel. Ha! Boy am I glad I didn't go. They quit asking me when I asked them: "Why don't you two go?".

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

NB,

I only have one problem with part II.......................it was TOO SHORT! You made me laugh out loud when you wrote how you put sister "sourpuss" hand on your belly and told her "you are wrong, I didn't stave". You have such a good way in telling your story.

Yes PLEASE do a part III, I will be looking forward to it. I am going to print out I and II to share with my hubby. He currently works with an old friend, an elder for 15 years who was a young Bethelitte. You should hear the rubbish he told my hubby about how HOLY the GB are, and how wonderful it was being at Bethel. I am sure he was one of the self righteous jerks that were a**holes to everyone else.

This guy was my hubby's best friend for more than 10 years and when my hubby called him to tell him he was going to DA himself, the guy didn't even ask WHY? Then he said nothing to my husband for almost 2 years at work, UNTIL a WT said that elders should make an effort to speak to those who left and see if they can "encourage" them to come back. YEAH RIGHT!

His "encouragement" was to tell my hubby how his kids will die at Armegeddon unless he comes back to the kh. My hubby almost punched this jerk in his mouth. He yelled at him I AM NOT WORRIED ONE BIT ABOUT BEING DESTROYED BY THE WT GOD". Since then, this "elder" avoids my hubby at work. LOL Lilly

• inlove2
    inlove2

Im hooked, I missed part 1, I will have to go back and search the posting, what was the date? Now I can't wait to hear part 3.

Little did they know instead of printing the material you should have been writing it.

• I quit!
    I quit!

What do Stephen King and a Bethelite have in common? They both tell a great horror story. Please continue with part III. I do enjoy scary stories.

As for couples not being allowed to have children at Bethel that seems strange to me. Couldn't they have used the child labor? They just weren't thinking right on that one.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I rushed out of bed this morning to read part 2. Now I don't want to have to wait until tomorrow for part 3. O.K.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit