Can you name ONE thing that the WTBTS said that came true?

by megsmomma 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yes, lots of things. But, like Undecided said above, it was all invisible stuff. They wouldn't make it up would they?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Garry Buss is right!..I think we should start our own religion and worship Garry Buss..He`s funny and can play guitar..Thats a better deal than we got at the last place...OUTLAW

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

They said you wouldnt need higher education in paradise. That appears to be true. Because there is never going to be a paradise here on earth.

Unless you make your own paradise.

• fokyc
    fokyc

YES, They kept on telling me things were going to get worse.

They just didn't tell me it was inside the congregations

fokyc

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Yes, that living a life as a JW would be HARD.

and because of their own silly unbiblical, unfounded & unnecessary rules & policies it certainly WAS.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Absolutely nothing despite the many predictions they made, one after the other they proved to be wrong marking the FDS as a false prophet before the eyes of the world. It is so blindingly obvious that they are impostors, I can't understand why anyone believes what they say.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well in the past I read that the only prediction they made right was WW1, and it was suggested that the only reason they got that right was because they had "insider" information. Other than that, I cant think of anything prophetic that has come true. 122+ years of false prophecy and still counting.

• IT Support
    IT Support

WT has (unwittingly) told the truth far more than they intended …

We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated … If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination.

The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life, p. 13, par. 5

When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect or are being misled by those they consider their friends, is it an unkindness to warn them? They may prefer not to believe the warning. They may even resent it. But does that free one from the moral responsibility to give that warning? … God’s servants … have had to expose falsehood and wrongdoing and warn people of dangers and deception … It would have been far easier to keep silent or say only what people wanted to hear.

The Watchtower, January 15, 1974, p. 35

Therefore, how will you respond when pointed statements are made about false religious teachings and corrupt practices? Will you immediately condemn the person… making the exposé? Do you feel it is all right to teach lies and misrepresent God’s Word, but wrong to expose the error? Contrary to what some may think, it is not unkind and unloving to lay bare falsehood and corruption.

The Watchtower, March 1, 1966, p. 132

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false... it is a public service..

The Watchtower, November 15, 1963, p. 688 par. 3

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true.

The Watchtower, December 1, 1991, p. 7

WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE THE TRUTH COVERED OVER . . . ? . . . OR DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THE FACTS?

The Watchtower, January 15, 1974, p. 35 (picture caption)

Every man should be persuaded in his own mind and no man should permit himself to be deterred from examining a question based upon the Bible because a clergyman or any one else makes the unsupported assertion that it is dangerous or unworthy of consideration. Error always seeks the dark, while truth is always enhanced by the light. Error never desires to be investigated. Light always courts a thorough and complete investigation. Light and truth are synonymous.

Millions Now Living Will Never Die (192), p. 13

• uninformed
    uninformed

They said if we visit apostate sites on the internet that we will be disfellowshipped.

Thank God they were right on that one.

Brant

• onacruse
    onacruse

I'm with stilla on this one:

"Religion is a snare and a racket."

Truer words have never been spoken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit