Can you name ONE thing that the WTBTS said that came true?

by megsmomma 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Given the bad publicity the Society's got over the UN Scandal, the pedophile problem, the generation problem, independent thinking amongst the R&F, the internet, and the blood fiasco, I'd say they got this one right:

***w 1952 3/15 p. 182 Above AllElse, GuardYour Heart! ***

There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed, and if our hearts are weak or unclean, sooner or later that fact will be made manifest. We may pass for integrity-keeping Christian ministers for a time, but when the test comes we shall fall.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Why bother seeking a needle of truth in a haystack of lies?

• free2beme
    free2beme

When they said that there would be a lot of meetings to attend, and that their people are busy

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

For whatever this is worth:

One brother told me that the Pittsburgh Steelers was going to win the Super Bowl last year.

He was right!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)

• Gill
    Gill

Funnily enough ..... NO! Absolutely Nothing! Big Zilch, Zero, niente!!!!!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Apart from things that lots of other people predicted, like technological advances, no

Certainly, none of the prophecies that are unique to them have come true, and nor do they look like doing so.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I'm racking my brain.................................................Nothin'

Dismembered

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    if you get df'd or da yourself, jws won't talk to you and will actually shun you

yes - that was the first thing that sprung to mind - like looking glass said. I was told if I committed fornication I would be Dfed and I was. Thing is i could have been forgiven for not believing this since there were clearly quite a few who got away with it right under the noses of the elder fathers! i wish they had explained that there is a special dispensation to the children of the shepherds - "Thou shalt look the other way if you are the offspring of the PO for as long as is possible."

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Tut tut...why so negative ,why on the cover of the latest Watchtower it says ,and I Quote

MARCH 15, 2007

SEE, THERE IS THAT DATE THIS YEAR IN THE CALENDAR !

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Peace - Can it Last? (1942) is always touted as a prediction by Knorr that came true.

In reality all that can be said is that he accurately foretold that WW2 would indeed end at some point, and that JWs would use the "peace" as an opportunity to send out missionaries all over the place.

Slim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit