Arrogant JWs are seriously irritating!

by Gill 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gill
    Gill

Every so often, I can get seriously irritated with Jehovah's Witnesses! Especially my daft as a brush parents.

One of my children has just moved in with his girlfriend. They're a lovely couple, both adults and happy with eachother. I'd rather they didn't get married yet, until they know eachother much better and don't have a problem with their sex life.....for god's sake, it's none of my business!

My father has just brought round the latest Wigtowers and Awake mags and pointed out the article, 'What if I'm invited to 'hook up?' He said he had heard that my son had gone to live with his girlfriend. I said yes I was very happy for them both. He then showed me the article and told me that people have no morals nowadays and do 'anything' just as Jesus said they would in the 'last days'.

I said 'stop talking rubbish!' This was coming from a man who has been JW for over 40 years, who still gambles at the betting shop and buys lottery tickets, swears like a trooper and treats my mother like a pile of poo!!!

If he had a zimmer frame I would have been tempted to kick it! Having said that, that day may well yet come!!!

Why can't they shun us like a 'normal' JW?!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

LOL Gill - be careful what you wish for though!

You could just say - "jesus! for heaven's sake Mary was clearly getting some before she and Joseph got married. And Jesus never seemed to have a problem with being illegitimate" That should ensure some straightforward shunning!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Dear Gill,

Your feelings of indignation are WELL qualified. If only they could mind their own goddamn business. Tell him to look at himself in a mirror before casting dispersions on your children. Kick him anyway!

Dismembered

• Gill
    Gill

Crumpet ! You could just say - "jesus! for heaven's sake Mary was clearly getting some before she and Joseph got married. And Jesus never seemed to have a problem with being illegitimate" That should ensure some straightforward shunning!

I think that just might arrange some permanent shunning for us!!!!

Dismembered! You have NO idea how tempted I was to 'kick him!' He is one of the main reasons I really believe that all people should HAVE to live together for at least a year before they get married. My mother would not have had such a miserable 45 years of life if she had done that first!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What's a "zimmer frame"?

• Mary
    Mary
    This was coming from a man who has been JW for over 40 years, who still gambles at the betting shop and buys lottery tickets, swears like a trooper and treats my mother like a pile of poo!!!

Next time he says anything, dust off your NWT Bible and read Luke 36: 41-42 to him. That outta shut him up.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    I said 'stop talking rubbish!' This was coming from a man who has been JW for over 40 years, who still gambles at the betting shop and buys lottery tickets, swears like a trooper and treats my mother like a pile of poo!!!

John 8:7-11 When they persisted in asking him, he straightened up and said to them: “Let the one of YOU that is sinless be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And bending over again he kept on writing in the ground. 9 But those who heard this began going out, one by one, starting with the older men, and he was left alone, and the woman that was in their midst. 10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her: “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 11 She said: “No one, sir.” Jesus said: “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way; from now on practice sin no more.”

They dont get it, not our job or duty to judge and especially when you do the things you mentioned.

abr

• Gill
    Gill

mrsjones5 A zimmer frame is a metal support frame that very elderly folk use to support themselves while walking.

• mia_b
    mia_b

re zimmer frame aka walking frame - an old elder, nice guy, now dead used to get mixed up with words and in a talk spoke about his elderly mum using a climbing frame. i still smile when i imagine and 80yr old on a climbing frame.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh you mean a walker! lol I love the different names that we have for stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit