Arrogant JWs are seriously irritating!

by Gill 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• exjdub
    exjdub
    He then showed me the article and told me that people have no morals nowadays and do 'anything' just as Jesus said they would in the 'last days'.

Funny how they always turn this toward other people when they should apply it to the Dubs that are still in the Borg. The number one disfellowshipping offense is for "immorality." How do they explain that?

exjdub

• blondie
    blondie
    jesus! for heaven's sake Mary was clearly getting some before she and Joseph got married. And Jesus never seemed to have a problem with being illegitimate"

Actually, crumpet, according to the bible Jesus did have his paternity questioned and an astute JW might remember that.

(John 8:41) YOU do the works of YOUR father." They said to him: "We were not born from fornication; we have one Father, God."

Blondie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Arrogant JW`s have a built in punishment.They talk and act stupid,everyone notices it but them..Step back and enjoy the show...OUTLAW

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Perhaps he just wanted to remind you of how close armageddon is Gill, and used your son and his girlfriend living together to illustrate that the prophecies are coming true. Or maybe it was a sly dig at you, to imply that such a thing wouldn't have been considered if you'd still been jws.

I know when I moved in with Trev last year, we made sure the local jws heard about it, and one of the comments in the gossip mill kingdom hall was that "Linda would never have considered a move like that if she'd stayed in the truth", which is obviously right, (apart from it not being the truth of course). The point was I was now free to make normal decisions about my life without having to consult some cleaner or window washer to see if they approved, but naturally they couldn't see it that way at all.

Your dads' comment, though annoying, isn't particularly surprising. These days the more committed jws seem almost desperate to make the most of the opportunity to "give a witness", even to people like yourself, who your dad must surely realise don't want to hear it. Maybe the long time dubs, who must be really desperate for armageddon by now, need to come out with crap like that to reinforce their own beliefs, because there isn't that much evidence around these days that a lot of the prophecies they say need to happen before the big a comes are actually being fulfilled.

If he does it again, I would kick him if I were you, he deserves it.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Why can't they shun us like a 'normal' JW?!

Isnt it funny, ones we want to shun us dont, and the ones we wish didnt, cant even look you in the eye!

My step mom pulled the "last days" on me not too long ago. "the end is so close" I simply said, the "end" has been right around the corner since I was born!!!!! She couldnt do anything but agree, cuz she knows its true!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Gill,

I'm new here, but have been out of the "truth" for 24 years, THANK GOD. My parents still try to give me that "the end is near crap" and won't leave me alone either. I simply tell my mother "I don't want to hear that crap", move on!!!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Wigtowers and Awake mags and pointed out the article, 'What if I'm invited to 'hook up?' He said he had heard that my son had gone to live with his girlfriend. I said yes I was very happy for them both. He then showed me the article and told me that people have no morals nowadays and do 'anything' just as Jesus said they would in the 'last days'.

Don't I hear you! Being shunned consitutes a letter now and again to see if we're alive. I guess if it is 'return to sender' they might actually wonder if we moved or died, but that would be a fleeting moment I'm sure. Anyway, this was brought up in moms last letter to me - she liked to be certain I knew that churches allow all sorts of immoral persons to come and go because they don't care. They are part of this wicked system. The society cares though and thats why they must keep the congregation clean and disfellowship people and if shunning must be applied, then so be it. Jehovah will take care of all in due time. (puke) I swear there are times.....sammieswife.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Gill,

Agreed to the above.

"zimmer frame"---On an episode of "Waiting for God," I recall some protesting geriatrics marching en masse, supported by "walking frames." Had a lengthy discussion with my little one yesterday re: British and American usage. Explained your "I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole [or pair of tongs] and our "I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole." Never miss a chance to preach English. Are those expressions current?

CoCo

• R.F.
    R.F.

They most certainly are!

I knew some "sisters" that couldn't wait to gather for their weekly session of discussing...."Who has Jehovah taken his spirit from??". They try to find fault in others yet these are ones that had "worldly" men spending the night at their house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit