My JW mom just passed away............

by troubled mind 64 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My mom died last wednesday. We buried her Monday . I am a bit numb still , she had been in ill health and I had tried to prepare myself for this day . My Dad is not a witness and he wanted me to make the final arrangements . I had faded from my own congregation this past year , but no one from her congregation knew that . My brother that has been D'ad for years was by my side the whole time and fortunately my witness siblings caused no problems . Mom had requested a witness funeral and her favorite Elder to give the talk . When I went to speak with him I made it clear I did NOT want the traditional sermon talk to be given ....and he agreed.... (his wife just past unexpectedly a few years ago and he is very sensitive to the family's memories of their loved one .) I told him I wanted to speak briefly on be half of the family, and he incorporated that in to his talk . So at least my mom was remembered properly .He did go on at the end (they just can't help themselves )with several scriptures about the resurrection , but those were her beliefs . We even recieved condolances from old friends from our old hall . Which surprised me a little . It's been so long since my brothers disassociation that just about everyone talked to him and no one balked about his being a pallbearer ....I am so thankful for that . I had to be strong for everyone this past week ...now that my kids have all gone home ....I think it is time for a melt down .

• Gill
    Gill

((((((((( troubled mind )))))))))

Sorry for your loss off your mother!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

((( troubled mind )))

sorry for your loss and also glad that the funeral went ok.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Condolences and sympathies on the passing of your mother - i Hope you have friends and family close to support you during your grief. Am glad that your mother picked a good sensitive elder that didn't ride rough shod over you and your brother's choices or insist on using the whole ceremony as a pulpit.

((((troubledmind))))))

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Sorry for your loss TM.

Dismembered

• Mary
    Mary

I'm really sorry for your loss TM. I don't think anything can really prepare us when a family member dies. It'll take time to heal from this but I hope you can find comfort in good memories of your mother.

• Clam
    Clam

TroubledMind so sorry to hear about your loss. Glad the Dubs behaved at the funeral too.

Take care

Clam

• carla
    carla

My deepest sympathies.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

So sorry to hear your sad news troubled mind. It was encouraging to hear how much sensitivity was shown to you and your brother.

Nic'

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Troubled mind, sorry to hear of your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you, we just took my 86 year old father in the hospital last night with irregular heart and filling up with fluid. It is not fun watching your parents get old, sick and then die. May you find comfort from family and friends and the scriptures with the ressurrection hope. It will happen and you will see your mother again. Take care.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit