Anti-witnessing

by Highlander 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

During my time as a J-dub, it was encouraged to take every opportunity to informal witness with people. A good example would be to witness to a co-worker.

I avoided this as much as possible when I was a dub. If the topic of religion came up at work I would try to change the topic or gracefully exit the conversation.

Now that I'm far removed from this cult, I find myself taking every opportunity I can to Anti-witness against the j-dubs. I now proudly tell people about my religious background

and warn them about the dangers of being in such a cult.

Is this a common practice for you since leaving the borg? If so, what type of anti-witnessing do you perform?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I told lots of people at church what to watch out for and specific things that would be said to mislead them. I tell JWs who came to my door(they haven't in years!), I tell people online in other forums, I tell people in waiting rooms that are JWs. I talk to relatives and cousins (big family network of (now mostly ex)JWs about why we left, why our parents stay, what our crazy JW relatives are doing/have done. Yup. I anti-witness.

• Bobhere
    Bobhere

You know how we believed the community admired and respected JW's because our behaviour was so christian. Not what I discovered on the outside. So many have negative experiences of family members who got involved with the witnesses. And their complaints are just. And regarding refusing blood Can't relate to it They can relate to a christian being honest and moral but to them the blood issue is just crazy and tragic when applied to their children. Recently the local shopkeeper told me of a witness that came to her door on mothers day. She greeted the witness with happy mother's day and she was told off for it The shopkeeper a gentle woman said I was only trying to be nice.

Anti-witnessing is so easy its hardly a challenge. They have already shot themselves in the foot

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I anti-witness every opportunity I get. I have anti-witnessed to my doctor, I have anti-witnessed to just about everyone I work with. I have anti-witnessed to churches also. I try not to let any opportunity get by me.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I anti-witness by sharing Jesus with the few JW's I encounter who don't already know me. I don't get an opportunity to share Jesus with any JW's who know me because they hold their hands over their ears as they run away from me and I don't like to shout.

When I lived in Florida I was pretty good at winter fresh-water fishing. The same tactics work with JW's on pro-JW internet discussion boards... I troll for them and hope they PM or email me. So far, one has started his fade because of my trolling and another one is beginning to have serious doubts that the Governing Body is the FDS.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

My husband has anti witnessed to every person at his place of work. me?

Eh, yeah. I have. However, lately I'm not as concerned though I should be.

I figure if a person just walks into this religion without researching the heck out of it before giving over his life....

then that's just not very bright. Nowadays we have the internet and all you have to do is google Jehovah's Witneses and lookie there.

Even libraries can help.

So, I do when I can, but I don't worry too much about it anymore.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have anti-witness to the women's ministry at my church, in the toddler room at church, to my friends who have never been jws, to my inlaws who have a jw daughter, to anyone who questions me when they find out a lot of my extended family are jws. Yeah I anti-witness when ever I get the chance.

Josie

• Clam
    Clam

Yes I do anti-witness. It's something that simply must be done. I was enthusiastic about saving people when I was a Dub, and I still am. What a bizarre irony it is.

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

I don't anti-witness...I figure, if an adult chooses a certain way of life, then they are fully capable of making that decision and they should live with it...however, if someone tries to witness to me about things that I know are not true, or if they try to base something on the bible that is not correct, then I will tell them what I know...not to try to convince them that what they beleive is wrong, but to let them know that they are relaying a message that can be disputed with logic and truth. Wheter they accept it or not is not of my concern.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I mailed AJWRB's brochures to every surgeon and anesthesiologist in my area.

I mailed Silent Lambs' brochure to our child abuse clinic and put the brochures inside library books about child abuse.

I have a web site (which I am dying to hand over to someone because I can't keep it up). It has gotten thousands of hits.

I leave my brochures (from my web site) in different places--hotel bibles, waiting rooms, etc. When I see wt literature--I just stick mine inside it.

The jws in my area donate their books to local libraries. I leave my brochures inside them. I also donate my own books and other anti-witnessing books to the libraries. (Anonymous and cheap too--I buy used books from Amazon & have them directly shipped to the library's donation coordinator.)

I put Silent Lambs palm cards on bulletin boards in grocery stores and in the post office--I keep thumbtacks & the cards handy in my car at all times.

I post comments on ebay auctions selling wt literature and on Amazon books that are pro-jw or are wt literature.

I write letters to the editor and write to media outlets asking them to cover news stories about jws when there is one that's favorable to our cause.

I talk about it online to my many internet "friends", but never push it. I've instructed countless people how to get on the "do not visit" list--important for reducing the influence of jws IMO.

I never talk about jws directly unless someone brings it up. I feel people are free to choose to read the stuff I leave around or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit