Advice needed on Crisis of Conscience

by cappytan 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

She knows it exists and you have it. Let it fester for awhile......let curiosity take it's course.....she will come to you when she is ready....

It will chew at her....... and that book, along with Christian Freedom ends the JW life forever......

• quest81
    quest81

Out of curiosity, how many spouses here secretly read this book when it came within their reach?

I have a copy quite plainly placed in my house, I don't know if my wife has taken a look at it in my absence.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

No need to rush. Let it ferment for a while. If she needs it, she will ask again. My wife didn't need to read CoC in order to make the decision to leave. The paedophilia policy of the GB did it for her and all came tumbling down in a matter of days. Nowadays she hates everything JW with even a greater passion than I do.

Eden

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I agree with the "don't hurry" votes.

Baby steps.

Doc

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    I got to a similar point with my wife. I then gave her the book to read in her own language. She had gotten only half way through before she was convinced that the org was just speculating, making things up as they go along like any other religion. What really made her stop going to meetings was Losch costing the society 13.5 million not showing up to a summons. When she found out about that she was done with donations and done with meetings. You don't just walk away from 13.5 mil. Losch knew there could be no victory. Actions speak louder than words. His silence was deafening.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I think you should give her the PDF, and just say Here it is for whenever you're ready.

Honestly, COC didn't send me into a tailspin at all. I found everything perfectly consonant with my experience as a JW (but then again I was raised in a "Bethel congregation").

Although my wife has not read the entire book, what she did read rang true with her experience as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that you don't know how individuals will react to reading anything.

All COC did for my wife and me is confirm exactly what we had surmised on our own.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

You know what, this interview with Martin Merriman in 1980, an elder from Ireland, really started me waking up, and then after seeing it I read CoC. There is no way to doubt what he says.

Marina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBa9HRSrnFk

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

What really made my wife wake up was her seeing how shielded and inaccessible the GB are. You can't talk to them or ask questions. There are layers of procedures necessary to get through to them It's about as hard to get to them as it is to ask Kim Jong Un directly why his country is such a backward mess. Jesus didn't hide from critics. He answered their accusations often times putting himself in great danger. These guys hide in their Ivory Tower behind their army of body guards and lawyers. There are never any "live" press conferences where questions can be asked and answered without a script. Everything is controlled. Everything is scripted. Everything is sanitized. It was revealing to me when John Cedars actually got through to Anthony Morris's office phone. Here was a chance for Anthony Morris to defend the faith, yet as soon as he knew the guy on the other line wasn't a company yes man, he chuckled to himself and hung up like a coward. People who put up complex fire walls like this do so for only one reason-- They gotta lot to hide.

When I first "woke up" to the reality of things, I stopped everything. I went AWOL. Nobody knew what happened to me. It was very stressful for my wife as she was still in. Trying to rush her almost got me kicked out of the house. It's best not to hurry these things. You can lead a horse to water, but they have to be the one to decide how much to drink and when to drink it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit