Advice needed on Crisis of Conscience

by cappytan 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I would email her the PDF and just tell her to not read it until she's ready.

That puts her in the driver's seat. She'll go there when she's ready, but she'll have it constantly available.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This is actually going pretty well.

Just let her read it when she's good and ready (it'll probably be prompted by something negative or unloving she sees or experiences at the Hall, or something that's clearly "off" coming from WTHQ).

Also, if/when she starts to concede certain things (even non-verbally), never - and I cannot stress this enough - never give her the impression that you're even thinking the words "I told you so".

In fact, just don't think those words.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    but gave her fair warning that after reading it I felt like my world was crumbling-Cappytan

Yeah you made a boo boo there. I was overwhelmed too when I read it. Tell her that if you send it to her....you will be there for her if she finds anything uncomfortable or stressful.

Kate xx

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Cappytan, you should not have told her how it affected you. I would suggest you wait a short while and then send her the PDF. Unfortunately it's longer in print and is unavailable except at ridiculous prices. If you can get the physical copy for a decent price that might be better. Nothing beats an old fashioned book in one's hands.
  • bsmart
    bsmart
    Once in a while it comes up on ebay for a reasonable price. Put it on a saved search and you will get an email if it comes up. Use different search terms once in a while as it can depend on what the seller puts in the name of the item.
  • quest81
    quest81

I got the hard copy after I had read the PDF version from start to finish. The hard copy used to be easily available on Amazon.com. Now I see more used copies than new ones.

Something is going on, either more JWs or those affected by the religion are becoming TTATT aware and buying it or the WT is buying copies in print to prevent people from accessing the book.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

quest81 - "...or the WT is buying copies in print to prevent people from accessing the book."

I wouldn't put something like that past them (or maybe a misguided-but-dutiful WT loyalist), actually...

...but it's an ultimately fruitless endeavor, IMO.

You can't force the genie back into the bottle.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ quest81,

"Something is going on, either more JWs or those affected by the religion are becoming TTATT aware and buying it or the WT is buying copies in print to prevent people from accessing the book."

I don't think the Watchtower is going to be purchasing books at $100 or more. It's simply out of print which makes it rare and expensive.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

does it matter in the long run for her to read that particular book?

maybe establish what she does feel is the bible truth, and then ask her if you can together read in search of christian freedom by ray. perhaps if she seen how a real 'Shepard' is supposed to reason from the scriptures, she might agree he was right all along.

that book, might just be the one she may rather enjoy , as it does cover a lot of the subjects in the other one. but it gives you the answer of how we are really free to choose how to serve God.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Give her the book or pdf and let her chose to read it when she feels comfortable. That's what my hubby did for me. Once I read Crisis of Conscience all the pieces of the puzzle will come together for her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit