Gilead

by AllTimeJeff 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Jeff,

I've really been enjoying your posts and your unique prespective.

The Camels(!) The word of God, The bible

Job (Chapter 1) Jesus

Job (Chap 2-42) The 1900 year old FD Slave

2 Kings 1

Elijah Rutherford administration

Elisha Knorr Administration

Wow, I've been a JW my whole life and thought I knew much about what the Borg teaches. But, these types/antitypes really take the cake. Gee, I wonder why these didn't make it into the Bible Teach book???

I'm going to check out that video. Its sitting on our shelf unopened. By the way, I saw that you said you met several folks in the Art Department. Was whoever did the Noah & David videos DF'ed for the job they did? No joke, my book study (it was at my house at the time) reviewed them for a SM part and the whole study started uncontrollably laughing because it was the worst cartoon we'd ever seen!!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi to all. Here I will do the best I can...

Russell isn't stressed at all anymore beyond what is stated in the Proclaimers book. Fred Franz is the one who wrote practically ALL of the types and antitypes, and most have stuck around.

Yes, I have met most of the GB. I have my favorites, and there are those that I wonder about. Most gave lectures, and they posed for pictures after their talks. All of the libraries have tons of concordances and references, the very ones that many were DF'd for using in 1980. (ironic) They are esp well stocked I would have to say. We weren't supervised at all.

Esp when I returned in March 06, I studied the hell out of 607 BCE. Of course, it is 586/587. I included that in my letter of resignation. I know that Olaf Johnsson wrote a great book, I don't have it yet, but a lot of what I researched came from the internet based on his references. I also learned about the whole UN involvement, which was horrible. That I learned when I got back, and if I had closed the door, the UN Scandal locked it.

You get a syllabus if you will, outlining the course, the assignments are all made in advance. The men give talks, the women still have to have a householder. Interesting..... They make you shred all the tests after the end of each course.. Paranoid...

Thanks for the questions!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Thanks for sharing the Gilead curriculum. I didn't know they still taught those "type/antitype" comparisons. Makes sense, I guess: gotta apply the Bible to the leadership.

I'll be sure to check out your story, Jeff.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

another great thread thankyou

• 5go
    5go
    One of the questions I thought funny at the time is "Do you believe that the FD Slave is the appointed channel of God today

Funny I too received this question from the brothers when my mom told on me about my doubts. I lied and they went away. It is like that is the only thing they cared about even if it wasn't censer.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Come on Jeff, don't be a tease - tell us all the latest gossip on the GB.

If you read some of the archives from this site you will see somewhat of a consensus has built up about some of the GB members, and it would be great to get some confirmation or contrary points of view on them:

Ted Jaracz is painted pretty much as the Machiavellian villain behind the whole operation. ("all will change when King Saul's dead")

Jack Barr as a kind old man who would not say boo to a goose.

Carey Barber dribbles and little else these days. (and someone on JWD has the photos to prove it)

Samuel Herd has come in for criticism because of some arrogant and silly remarks made in convention parts posted on JWD. Is was also allegded that he got on the GB because he is a lackey of Jaracz.

Gerrit Loesch spends his time getting a tan on the bethel roof.

Barbara Anderson also made comment than she dealt with correspondence during her time in bethel that implicated one of the newer appointments in a large number of complaints involving sexual abuse. What do you think about the new members?

Were Sydlik and Schroeder still around when you were there?

Slim

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    The Camels(!) The word of God, The bible

haha i'd forgotten that one

There are currently 56 (18 couples) per class, that is a recent increase.

math not on the curriculum then lol

another question they ask on the application is - is your spouse in agreement with your decision (ie to attend gilead)..i have often wondered what would happen if one partner said no

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

LOL! Yeah, a typo, it is obviously 28. (sorry for the fuzzy math, its a JW tradition!)

GB Gossip. I don't want to be to personal yet, but I was there at morning worship the day Geoffrey Jackson (age 50 at the time) and the other guy (never met him, but in his early 50's too). It is my firm belief that I too should have pretended to be annointed, I would have been a shoe in to be on the GB in a few decades....

There are some I didn't like. Jaracz never lectured the class, and I heard he hasn't lectured a Gilead class for at least 2 years. Jackson was around the most, and he IS fun. A nice guy. Of course, I have a rule about any elder: It's the ones that smile all the time and act like they love everyone that you have to worry about the most. I liked the grumpy ones better. On that end, I liked Herd, because he would say whatever the hell he felt like.

From what I could gather, Losch and Pierce were about as popular as the ebola virus. Losch still wants to scripturally ban football for its violence. Splane is considered the best teacher, Lett is good too, but he is SOOO rubber faced (you'd have to see him talk to understand) that he isn't taken as seriously. Jaracz is the last link to Knorr, but I never even saw him. I hear Jaracz's wife was the basis for the green woman in Wizard of Oz... lol..... She likes to go around to newbies and say "Do you know who my husband is?"

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Elijah Rutherford administration

Elisha Knorr Administration

The funny thing is that Rutherford himself claimed that his tenure was the "Elisha work" and that the earlier work under Russell's administration was the "Elijah work". And Russell's original idea that Elijah prefigured the "little flock" who would be taken up to heaven (as Elijah was) before the tribulation, whereas Elisha prefigured those of the "secondary spiritual class" who would remain on earth to undergo test during the tribulation...

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Your statement about the types and anti-types just proves that even though their foolishness sometimes may disappear from the publications. But they never really stop believing it. I'd bet they would love to totally ban blood, insult the Catholics and other religions like they used to. They are just too "chicken" to do it.

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit